USB port changed. How to update ZHA integration port without reconfiguring all devices

Hi, I rebooted my VM and now my usb port number for my conbee is changed. How do I update this in HA (HASSIO, latest version) without having to add all my devices all over again?

The devices are attached to the actual “stick”, in your case the Conbee. You just need to update your config file to match where it sits now, reboot and it will come back.

I’ve moved physical machines but used the same stick and DB and everything came back as it was.

Home Assistant is just a nice graphical UI for what the stick has paired to it.

@techwithjake Thanks for your reply. I used the the integrations page to do the setup but i can’t find the config file where the USB port is defined.

Gimme a few. I used the manual way. Lemme see how it acts through the Integrations Page and I’ll get back to ya.

If you’re able to SSH into your machine, the area where it’s stored is under “.storage” and then “core.config_entries”.

Look for the zha entity and it’ll have an area where the Conbee should be. Change it to wherever it exists now and save it. Reboot HA and you should have it all back then.

1 Like

Thanks Jake! Found it. Works like a charm!

1 Like

This should be an exposed setting in the zig bee Configuration> Integrations UI. I just encountered the same thing and having to go into a hidden folder to change a config doesn’t seem intuitive.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @techwithjake !

Absolutely agree with @stevehollx - this should be configurable. I changed from USB to Serial in VirtualBox and going into this file seems entirely unnecessary.