Use Button blueprint to stop a automation

Hi,

I have a automation that should one of my smoke detectors go off. The lights in my house come on, Two zwave sirens sound and alexa in every room announces a emergency.

We had a false alarm the other night and this highlighted a problem. Its difficult to silence everything which at 4:30am is not ideal.

I have bought a fibaro button with the Idea of using it to stop the smoke alarm automation and silence alexa and the sirens.

I’m not sure how to implement this though. Has anyone done this or something similar who can point me in the right direction?

TIA

The “emergency” automation will turn on the sirens et al.
You will have to create a new automation, triggered by the button, that will turn off everything the first one turned on.

In the alarm notification I get on telegram I also send an inline keyboard with the option to silence the alarm.

The same can be done with the Home Assistant Companion Apps.

Something you could consider doing as well as the button.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The problem I have is the automation that is activated when a smoke detector has a repeat until condition.
If I change the state of the ‘alarm_group’ to off it is turned back on by the detector that is activated.

I really need a way to stop the actions of the automation. I tried the stop automation which does what I need at the expence of disabling the fire_action script.

Then position an input_boolean in the 2nd automation, and be sure to test it in your “repeat” of automation 1

You also can put the repeating part into a script and controll it with the script.turn_on / off service

Cheers, Jörg

I’m trying the input boolean method and it is not working. Could someone look at this bit of code for any mistakes. group.fire_alarm will have a state of on. Pressing the button sets the state of the input_boolean.fire_action_button to on

- repeat:
      until:
      - condition: or
        conditions:
        - condition: state
          entity_id: group.fire_alarms
          state: 'off'
        - condition: state
          entity_id: input_boolean.fire_action_button
          state: 'on'
      sequence:
      - service: notify.alexa_media_living_room
        data:
          data:
            type: announce
            method: speak
      - delay:
          hours: 0
          minutes: 0
          seconds: 5
          milliseconds: 0

Does releasing the button keeps the input_boolean to ‘on’?
Otherwise, you might have to press the button for 5sec due to the delay…

Yes it stays ‘on’. I was intending on changing the state back to off at the end of the automation.

To be sure (and because of negative reliability experiences with the fibaro button): Does the button work with a most simple automation, e.g. pressing the button turns on a light?

Yes when I first added it I had it turning on and off a smart plug. In developer tools I can also see the state for it change to ‘on’

Got it working but not sure why or how. I did put the action to turn the button input boolean off at the beginning and end of the automation.

Anyway its working now.

Thanks for the replies.