Use Ikea Trådfri Dimmer in Home Assistant?

I had not. I’ve tried it now and I get the confirmation blinking from the bulb but it still won’t turn on/off or dim.
I previously did a physically pair of the dimmer with the bulb after have added only the bulb to deconz. The dimmer then worked but the bulb went “gray” in deconz and lost connection with HA. I had to reset the bulb and re-add it to deconz. I’ve tried with two different bulbs and dimmers to:
-add bulb in deconz (phoscon App)
-add dimmer in deconz (phoscon App)
-add bulb to “dimmer switch group” in deconz (phoscon App)
-physically pair the dimmer with the bulb (pressing pair button for 10s till the bulb blinks)

Both the bulbs and the dimmers show up in HA but the physical switches won’t work.

Supposedly some issues with dimmer should be improved with the latest version of deconz

That sounds geat! I’m on version 2.05.15
@marthocoo is there an update being pushed to your addon soon?

the docker is on the latest version.

Sorry @ulfson, forgot about the addon! New version will be available in about 5 minutes.

@ulfson - refresh the Add-on Store and the updated version of my deCONZ Add-on will be available. Sorry about the delay, this is my last thing to automate bumping when a new version of the underlying image is built.

Thank You!
Updated and got it working!!

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve got the round turntable dimmer from ikea, i see the battery item in HASS. Does anyone have a snip of code to create the automation to use the dimmer value?

Thx.

Adjusting an input number that you then can use to control other things. The entity template is not needed below. It’s just there because i copied it from a setup with the IKEA remote:

- alias: 'Change dimmer value from IKEA dimmer for cabinet lights using the ikea dimmer'
  initial_state: 'on'
  trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: deconz_event
    event_data:
      id: dimmer_1
  action:
    service: input_number.set_value
    data_template:
      entity_id: >
        {% elif (trigger.event.data.event|int > 2000) %}                            {# lång upp #}
          {{ 'input_number.dimmer_kitchen_cabinet' }}
        {% endif %}
      value: >
        {% if (trigger.event.data.event|int == 2002) %}                              {# upp #}
          {{ [(float(states.input_number.dimmer_kitchen_cabinet.state) + 20), 255]|min }}
        {% elif (trigger.event.data.event|int == 3002) %}                            {# ner #}
          {{ [(float(states.input_number.dimmer_kitchen_cabinet.state) - 20), 0]|max }}
        {% endif %}
2 Likes

…if you use conbee

Yes, thx. this is verry helpfull.

Hi, I have a question about this. It says “id: dimmer_1” and that is something that comes from deCONZ I assume. Can I see that ID somewhere in Hassio, or do I just assume that a dimmer called “Dimmer 1” in deCONZ is reachable as “dimmer_1” in HA?

I guess it’s not called “dimmer_1” in deCONZ?

Its the name you have given it in deconz.

Hi, i now also have the conbee stick with ikea rmeote switch, its succesful link, but how did you retrieve the ID?

id: tradfri1

is it just the name you changed in the deconz phoscon app?

The id is just a slug of the deConz name

ok, thnx
now it also created a sensor for the battery, it was a new one, and already on 60% :slight_smile:
but anyway, i have the deconz as an addon installed on hassos, and using the phoscon app
so only have the deconz conbee stick and ikea remote, but how can you know if the connection is stable, to the stick? do you see some wifi strength somewhere in that tool? or is it just by guess?

Between remote and conbee? It will be marked as available/unavailable depending on its range. If you want to render the mesh you will need to run deconz on a desktop instead.

ah ok, and if i add some lights to it, can i see the status the in the phoscon app ? i am new to is

and where do you see the the : available/unavailable message ? in HA or deconz?

anyway, can i also plug out the conbee stick , insert it in my desktop, see the status of the mesh? and insert again into hassio ? is the data/config stored on the stick?

thnx

You will need to copy some extra files from your system to the desktop to properly view all data.

Hass will show the available status, deconz as well.

ah ok, and will hass also show the signal zigbee signal strength for like lighs and stuff in senors?or in deconz? or where can i see that ?

thnx