Use Lutron pico remote to increase brightness of a Phillips hue entity by 15% on each up button press?

Hello all,

Is the subject doable and does anyone possibly have an example of this idea?

The pico I am using has 5 buttons and I am just trying to figure out the best use for them.

To extend this a bit further, could I have the button increase the brightness of any light that is on (except for one with entity id of light.stair_light)in the room by this percentage?

The area is the Master Bedroom.

Do you have the Lutron system (eg, are you using the Lutron integration)? If so, it should be relatively simple.

You can use an automation where the trigger is the press of pico remote (it’s a system event).

I do have the lutron system and am using the lutron integration. The lights/ switches I am wanting to control with the pico are not lutron-- but I have added the picos to the lutron app (not connected to a light/ switch). I don’t think this matters. I will look into the system events.

It doesn’t matter that they are not Lutron — the beauty of home assistant. I have a button of the Pico switch — in my gym — turn off the fan (BAF), turn off the music (Sonos), reset the HVAC (Ecobee) and turn off the lights (Lutron).

For the trigger:

trigger: 
 - platform: event
   event_type: lutron_event
   event_data
     id: gym_off
     action: single

Then your action can turn on/off any device on your system.

A quick trick to figure out the name of any lutron switch:

• go to Developer Tools (sidebar on right)
  • Select Events (top menu)
  • In the “Listen to events” box, enter “lutron_event” and start listening.
  • Press the button on the pico and see what is triggered — that’s the name of your switch
  • Use that in the “id” above

Ahh, I follow you now. I was trying to use the blueprint at the below address but I can’t get it to add to my home assistant instance. I’m not on my home network at the moment so I don’t understand how to get it added. The link doesn’t work for some reason.