I have a Minix (Neo Z83-4) with Windows 10 installed catching dust here. I plan now to use it as my platform for HA.
Bcs I already have this Minix, I have no intention to buy a separate Raspberry Pi to run HA.
I would like some advice on any extra hardware I need to make this platfrom fully suitable for my HA needs.
Also, the whole set-up will be installed somewhere in the house in a wooden closet, so no need for any goodlooking HW, plastics cases around any of the components are not needed.
The whole set-up must work stable, with good performance and at lowest possible HW costs.
- Minix + Windows 10 as the base platform (I already have)
- A USB hub to connect various components with USB connector to the Minix (I have)
- A suitable Zigbee dongle (USB) for Home Assistant use, as cheap as possible, proven for HA, could even be a naked print board version.
- An IO board I can connect via USB to the Minix set-up to have as well the possibility for hard-wired IO to Home Assistant (in fact to replicate the GPIO ports you would have with a Raspberry Pi)
- With this IO board or a separate USB IO board, the possibility to connect 1-Wire temperature sensors to this Minix-HA set-up (to replicate the GPIO 4 port of the Rasp PI which uses that port for that function).
Could people advise me on the hardware I could select for components 3), 4) and 5)?