Use Siri to set climate preset mode

I have a problem that I’m struggling to get my head around. I’m very new to HA and to HomeKit, so please bear with me…

I’m using generic_thermostat to control heating in our house per room. This is working great. I have the Homekit Bridge setup, and I can tell Siri to “Set the temperature in the bedroom to xxx”, or turn on/or off the heating in each room.

I have several preset modes set up in the thermostats, which I’m controlling using the Scheduler Card and integration. Also works a treat. BUT…

I’d like to be able to control the preset through HomeKit, and I can’t seem to find a way to do this. I’ve tried saying “Hey Siri, set the heating preset in the bedroom to Boost” and it just sets the HVAC mode to heating, ignoring the preset. Any thoughts on how to get this working?

If I can’t do this directly with the climate integration, the best workaround I can think of is to create a dropdown helper for each radiator and expose this through the bridge, but I would be very surprised if this hasn’t been implemented yet.

Any thoughts?

What you want, and as you use HomeKit more (and HA more frankly) you’ll find yourself creating new devices and commands using templates. So for your situation you create a switch template or even just a script that calls the service to set the preset and then you sync that to HomeKit and then create a HomeKit scene called “Boost Thermostat” (or whatever) and that just turns on that switch or function (function or helper button with automation might be easier since it turns itself off after) and that then sets your preset.

Thank you - that has given me some things to think about. I’ll tinker with this a bit and let you know how I get on.