Use Wired Sensors in ESP32 for Alarmo in HA

Hi,

I came across this KC868-AI KinCony 48 Channel input module ESP32 Device at Aliexpress
Link: ESP32 Input Device

Looks like:

Seems like I can use wired sensors (door contact, motion sensors, smoke detector, etc.)

Does anybody think this will be a good device to use for wired sensors input monitoring for Home Assistant Alarmo ESP32 integration?

Only reason I am looking at a device like this is because I already have existing wired sensors that I would like to use with Alarmo integration in HA.

As long as ESPhome works on it (which their listing say it does) then it would be great.

I’ve just looked further into this and that company has a number of different boards available and also all the ESPhome code on their website. They have some very nice looking gear.

I’m starting at the moment with Home Assistant and also want to implement the state of my windows (there are bulit in sensors with the states open, closed, tilted mounted) in it. Also for me the modul looks very interesting.
Did you have ordered one?

I have not been able to, too busy at the moment with work, and family. Not sure when I will get free time. I was hoping someone who has more time than me tries it out. :grinning:

@krlabs I have very good news. I ordered the board and today I put it in operation. It was not so easy because it is my first ESP-board but I could install it and integrate it in HA. Now I can see all the 48 inputs in my HA. Next week I will install the wired window sensors and see if it workes.

1 Like

Was just looking at this myself for the same reason. I haven’t counted up my wired sensors across my house yet but I know I’ll need a lot of GPIOs, more than the average ESP32 break out board offers.

Are you using wired motion sensors with your install?

And is it proving stable so far?

I installed my ESP board and the wired sensors last weekend. Till now all works very well and stable.
Wired motion sensors I don’t use. I don’t know if they work with this board because the board only has dry contacts.

@threadstone83, I recently acquired KC868 AI, could you help me with step by step how to integrate with Home Assistant

I’m thinking to buy exactly this input module, but have hard time finding a good selection of sensors I could use with it.
I’m interested in PIR sensors, mmWave presence sensors, door/window contact sensors, smoke detectors, water leakage. Could you recommend which sensors you are using and how you power them?

that’s very easy.

1. install ESPHome and add a new device
  2. use the demo configuration from the following link and modify it as needed.
    KC868-AI ESPHome demo config for home assistant
  3. upload the created firmware to the board
  4. find a new device in HA

EDIT: Here you can find a discussion I had with the support of the board:
https://www.kincony.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3800

I use the board just for my already existing window sensors. This are just reed contacts which don’t need an extra power source. Other sensors I don’t use with the board.

Why not? Because of power issues, or your other sensors are just not wired?

These are the only wired sensors I have.

Hi, can you share how you made the wire? I have similar hw, sensors with 2 wire. As far I understand you connect 1 of the wire to GND (and 1 wire from all of the sensors tougher) and 1 of the wire to the GPIO, correct?

Yes, that’s correct.

Thank you @threadstone83 , if you have an external siren, how did you manage to wire and configure it? Did you use a relay?

Sorry I only use sensors and are no electricain.
I don’t think you can use an external siren at the 48 Inputs. Eventually on the GPIO, but I really don’t know. Sorry.