User settings always get lost at some point of time

Hi dear community,

maybe that’s a stupid question and I’m pretty sure the answer is somewhere out there, but I wasn’t able to find it (as I was not sure how to really search for it).

My problem is the following and I have it within the companion app as well as when working via the web interface: I have my user, I have it configured, I’m using some kind of theme (a dark one) and I have my sidebar configured with the menu items I need. I’m using this two preferences as it is the most obvious thing.

At some point of time, I log in (either in the app or the web interface) and all these settings are gone. I’m back in the default white / light blue theme and I have all the menu items in the sidebar I configured to disappear before, it happens every few weeks?

What is this about? And what can I do to permanently keep my settings in my user account?

Thanks a lot

Daniel

The settings a stored in a cookie (or some other file) in your web browser. As soon as you clear the history it is gone. This is why you have to set it up for every browser. This is a poor system IMO.

Mmh… but the in the app exactly the same happens… and I don’t think that the app uses cookies, or am I wrong?

The app is essentially a customised web browser.

So this is honestly something every user needs to deal with and which is intended to work this way? Then it definitely is something for the what-the-heck-category…

I believe there were a few like this: