Using Blueprints in a split configuration

Blueprints store their automations in automations.yaml, but I already have a split configuration with the line:

automation: !include_dir_merge_list automations/

Can I simply add !include automations.yaml on the next line or do I need to do something more?

This should be in #configuration:blueprints

1 Like

I assume you are using the config above for automations written by hand in yaml?

if so you can actually specify two locations for you automations (or anythi8ng else since it uses the same syntax).

this is the config I use for splitting the automation config that allows me to save the GUI automation correctly along with the yaml automations:

# ## only used for the testing of the GUI editors
automation: !include automations.yaml

## All of my regular yaml automations go here
automation yaml: !include_dir_merge_list automations/

Ah. I hadn’t found the automation yaml syntax yet. That looks exactly like what I need (and you are correct, I went to hand-coding and split my configuration files up at the same time.)

I think this is basically the same as what @finity said but here is how I have both:

automation old: !include_dir_merge_list automations/

It’s the same thing, it’s just a labeled automation block. I don’t think it really matters what you call it. Mine is

automation dir: !include_dir_merge_list automations

I also do something similar for scripts and scenes.

scene: !include scenes.yaml
scene dir: !include_dir_merge_list scenes
script: !include scripts.yaml
script: !include_dir_merge_named scripts
1 Like

That’s only true if you use it through the UI, when you configure it in YAML it can be in another package just like any other automation in a package.

Burningstone: Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.
haberda & jazzyisj: That’s great. I can use that when my scenes or scripts grow to the point where I want to split them too.
Thanks.