Using CATT

Thanks, I tried both in this way

homeassistant:
auth_providers:
- type: trusted_networks
trusted_networks:
- 192.168.0.0/24

and even in this way (this text window corrupted my copy/paste from configuration.yaml, please ignore dots before the lines)

homeassistant:
auth_providers:

• type: homeassistant
  • type: trusted_networks
    trusted_networks:
    • ::1
    • 192.168.1.0/24
    • fd00::/8
    • 172.16.0.0/12
      allow_bypass_login: true

as it was suggested above. If understood correctly, 192.168.1.0 in these examples - is IP address of Google hub. Correct? So when I use http local IP address when trying to connect I get just log in and password fields which I can’t enter and when I use https duckdns when trying to connect I get login/password and additional button trusted networks like described here. When I click on it is says your computer is not allowed.

And now after so many attempts of connecting I’m receiving error “OSError: [Errno 105] No buffer space available” My home assistant is running on dockers. Do I have to reinstall CATT all together?

Impossible to tell when you don’t format your code properly.

Perfect, thanks for your help.

Why don’t you just format your code instead of being passive aggressive. It’s not that damn hard.

No aggression at all. I just copied that yaml code from my configuration.yaml and pasted here and text editor decided to put it in it’s own way. Only if I was that proffi - I wouldn’t ask questions here.

Anyway, I’m googling now how to fix “OSError: [Errno 105] No buffer space available” error before stepping back to previous trouble.

See point 11 here How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question

1 Like
homeassistant:
  auth_providers:
      trusted_networks:

My second attempt of publishing here my yaml code. The problem is not in yaml writings, as my google hub is getting connected but then I can’t get beyond login page.

Try adding a trusted user and bypass login for your LAN

auth_providers:
      trusted_networks:
        - ::1
        - !secret my_ipv4_network
        - fd00::/8
        - !secret zerotier_network
        - !secret my_ipv6_network
      trusted_users:
        127.0.0.1: !secret user_id
        "::1": !secret user_id
        !secret trusted_ipv4: !secret user_id
        "fd00::/8": !secret user_id
        !secret trusted_ipv6: !secret user_id
        !secret zerotier_network: !secret user_id
      allow_bypass_login: true
    - type: homeassistant

That is mine. Nothing on my LAN ever requires manual login.

1 Like

Thanks for a help! Would you please mind to specify what is zerotier_network? Is user_id your login to homeassistant? Are my_ipv4_network (and …ipv6…) located here?

If so I guess line - fd00::/8 in my case should be - fe80::/64 , correct? And is 127.0.0.1 address one for all of us or is it just generic example of our home assistant local ip address 192.168…?

Sorry if I bombarding forum with too simple for you questions, I’m only newbie in this classroom.

I use ZeroTier one sometimes for remote access and it’s a fixed local IP address… TLDR; ignore it.
Fd00::/8 should be any IPv6 on your LAN
127.0.0.1 is the generic localhost
If say you use a 192.168.0.x IP address for your local LAN then 192.168.0.0/24

1 Like

Is 192.168.178.55 the IP of your google hub? Just asking to make sure that that is not the IP of HA.

This is what I use for my 2 hubs. So if 192.168.178.55 is the IP of your hub, this setting should be ok.
Also is HA on the same IP range as your Hub?

homeassistant:
  auth_providers:
      trusted_networks:
1 Like

Thanks mate. As I said above now I’m facing another trouble “OSError: [Errno 105] No buffer space available” and until I fix it I can’t go any further. Google search does find few pages of solutions but none of them fixes mine. I guess should I apply traditional amateur’s method to uninstall CATT and re-install it from the scratch? Do you know terminal command to uninstall CATT? And then I will come back to fixing my trusted networks part. And yes 192.168.178.55 is my Google hub IP and I made it static. Thanks, val.

Hmm, not sure what that could be. Did you try removing the power of the Hub and restarting it? Or maybe fully reset it.

Do you see the error on the Hub or on HA?

Oh I see it’s an error on HA. Perhaps try restarting the Docker of HA.

Where exactly are you seeing this?

I see it in my HA terminal (where command to start CATT was always applied in)

No matter if I’m using catt scan of catt -d… command.

So should I try to re-start docker? Or fully stop it and then re-start? What’d be most powerful action there?

Report it on the catt github.

Thanks to some great help in here I have manged to have this running great for the past 6 months. After a home assistant restart today I am getting the following ( sorry for the image I can’t seem to copy from terminal ):

Anybody got any ideas?

Not sure what’s wrong. My first step would be to try
pip3 install catt

and if that does not help, perhaps
pip3 install catt --upgrade

Unfortunately that didn’t solve it. I don’t think it actually changed anything.

Requirement already up-to-date: catt in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (0.12.0                                      )
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: Click>=7.1.2 in /usr/lib/python                                      3.8/site-packages (from catt) (7.1.2)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: youtube-dl>=2020.9.20 in /usr/l                                      ib/python3.8/site-packages (from catt) (2021.2.22)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: ifaddr>=0.1.7 in /usr/lib/pytho                                      n3.8/site-packages (from catt) (0.1.7)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: PyChromecast>=7.5.0 in /usr/lib                                      /python3.8/site-packages (from catt) (9.0.0)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: requests>=2.23.0 in /usr/lib/py                                      thon3.8/site-packages (from catt) (2.23.0)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: casttube>=0.2.0 in /usr/lib/pyt                                      hon3.8/site-packages (from PyChromecast>=7.5.0->catt) (0.2.1)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: zeroconf>=0.25.1 in /usr/lib/py                                      thon3.8/site-packages (from PyChromecast>=7.5.0->catt) (0.28.6)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: protobuf>=3.0.0 in /usr/lib/pyt                                      hon3.8/site-packages (from PyChromecast>=7.5.0->catt) (3.15.3)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: chardet<4,>=3.0.2 in /usr/lib/p                                      ython3.8/site-packages (from requests>=2.23.0->catt) (3.0.4)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: idna<3,>=2.5 in /usr/lib/python                                      3.8/site-packages (from requests>=2.23.0->catt) (2.9)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: urllib3!=1.25.0,!=1.25.1,<1.26,                                      >=1.21.1 in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages (from requests>=2.23.0->catt) (1.25                                      .9)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: certifi>=2017.4.17 in /usr/lib/                                      python3.8/site-packages (from requests>=2.23.0->catt) (2020.4.5.1)
Requirement already satisfied, skipping upgrade: six>=1.9 in /usr/lib/python3.8/                                      site-packages (from protobuf>=3.0.0->PyChromecast>=7.5.0->catt) (1.15.0)

Strangely when rolling back to catt v0.11.3 it works again, but as soon as I update to v.0.12.0 it throws the same error message.