Using CATT

Its set as backend selected
So when i tried it was indeed in dark mode cause it was dark outside
today its ligt, or even selected as light theme
trying to recast, it still is the same…
on the hub all is dark with “2 blue buttons”

Can i stop the casting cause i’m not sure its restarting…

can you take a picture of the screen, might be better to understand what is going on

Is this what you see? If so, you need to click on user and just select the first one

Its different:

It keeps coming back too, i swipe it away and then it comes back (cause of the automation i think)

This started when i added the trusted networks…
I keep having the question if i need to add the network from the home assistant device or the IoT network where my hub is on?
Maybe thats the cause?

Ok ! Superb it worked!
Now i see it on my hub
Only thing left i think, is that it is still showing the header but thats nothing to do with catt

Those trusted networks, is that ok to put on github or should i put it in secrets?

the trusted network is your internal ip range so thats something you can put on github as its quite often the same range for most people.

I would be quite exposed on non home wifis if not using https :frowning:

True, but I just use it on my own wifi, or via a VPN if I need to access it from the internet. If you have Homeassistant connected directly to the Internet, then I fully agree to go for SSL.

1 Like

I got this working on my RP installation. Thanks of course to Jonathan’s port (219). It was driving me crazy as it would work one way but not from an Automation.

Quick question. I setup a script to launch a custom panel which I call through a voice command. That works fine but I notice there is a delay between when the actual Lovelace UI appears. It transitions through a White, Black and a screen that says DashCast before the Lovelace UI appears. For the custom panel I used the Kiosk UI plugin but it shows the screen with sidebar first then hides it. Wondering if there is a way to clean this all up so there are less transitions? Perhaps I should be using a better plugin or perhaps there is a URL that doesn’t include the sidebar so the UI doesn’t have to hide it.

Thanks.

If you are using the kiosk hacs addon, you hide the top and sidebar using parameters in the url :wink:

I’m kinda trying to do the same.
I’m gonna make an input boolean (so it appears in google home) to start an automation (by pressing it or by using voice)
The boolean will trigger an automation that contains the following if boolean is on:

• cast dashboard X for X minutes to hub X
  • stop casting
  • turn boolean off

I’m not sure how to stop the dashcasting though

You don’t need to create a Boolean to ask Google to launch the automation. If you create a script and have that domain available to Google you can say RUN or ACTIVATE and the name of the script.

I tried scripts before, and you cant put them into a routine
Hateful, the only workaround is using a boolean.
I know i can say to activate or run a script, but i want to be able to push it also.
Anyway, any idea how to stop the casting

Anyone? How do i stop the casting (in an automation) say after 5 minutes

You can use the stop command from catt to stop casting, like:

catt -d "Office display" stop

Just like starting the cast, you can use a .sh file in an automation for this.

Hi !

Using CATT, it is possible to reload the page without have DashCast screen ?

Nothing to do with the dark theme. This has all to do with the auth_providers ::

I’ve been looking a while because i read the comment on the dark theme.
Below what I have added to my configuration.
After this you can choose a user when connecting to the hub and it will work fine afterwards.

homeassistant:
  auth_providers:
    - type: trusted_networks
      trusted_networks:
        - ::1
      allow_bypass_login: true
    - type: homeassistant
1 Like

Please post your code properly.

Hello All,
Can someone please help me with installing and using Catt to display on my nest hub.
My terminal config is:

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
ssh:
username: xxxx
password: xxxxx
authorized_keys: []
sftp: false
compatibility_mode: false
allow_agent_forwarding: false
allow_remote_port_forwarding: false
allow_tcp_forwarding: false
zsh: true
share_sessions: false
packages: []
init_commands:

• python3 -m pip install catt’
    ‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

Then I tired to use the service:

‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’
addon: a0d7b954_ssh
input: >-
catt -d “kitchen display” cast_site
http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8123/lovelace/default_view
‘’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’’

nothing happens. I see in the logs:
INFO: Received external command to execute:
[18:23:27] INFO: > catt -d “kitchen display” cast_site http://10.34.43.33:8123/lovelace/default_view

| | | | /\ () | | | |
| |__| | ___ _ __ ___ ___ / \ ___ ___ _ | | __ _ _ __ | |
| __ |/ _ | ’
_ \ / _ \ / /\ \ / __/ __| / __| __/ _ | ’
| |
| | | | () | | | | | | / / ____ \ _ \ __ \ || (| | | | | |
|| ||_
/|| || ||___| // __//|/__,|| ||__|
Our command line:
$ ha help
Error: Specified device “kitchen display” not found.
[18:23:36] ERROR: Command exited with a failure status.

Nothing happens on google nest hub. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Try quoting your post properly please.

Maybe kitchen display is not the proper device name. Try catt scan and see what you get. It is case sensitive.

I apologize. I haven’t post in a while and forget how to post the codes. Can you please post an example with catt scan?