Using DataEntryFlow framework in custom panel

Hi :wave:!

I’d like to create a custom panel for configuration of an integration. (like Insteon or Zigbee)

For this it would be nice to make use of the DataEntryFlow framework to be able to define from fields (Selectors mostly) in the integrations backend and spawn that from my custom panel.
As a result a method in the backend should be called with the (validated) data - just like in an OptionsFlow where a config entry can be updated.

Can someone tell me how or even if this is possible? I could not find any documentation, threads or examples doing such a thing :grimacing:

Did you end up finding a working solution? I’m also trying to do something similar with my custom integration.

I’m still working on the custom frontend panel. It communicates via websocket with the backend and I am thinking of implementing my own schema and validation api (reusing what I can from HA).
I have found the default selectors in frontend a bit limiting, so I am mostly using their underlying components.

That sounds comprehensive!
I’m struggling just to get a custom panel to load with any content (just to get a POC at this stage). I haven’t found any supporting documentation. I am able to add a side panel button via my custom integration, but I can’t get anything my custom panel to load. Do you have a link to any documentation or examples that could help me get it running?

Unfortunately there is not much documentation to find except for Creating custom panels | Home Assistant Developer Docs

I did help to create a template for such configuration panels, but we didn’t really keep it up to date :grimacing:

You may find some hints in the panel I’m currently working on, but this is still under development (currently there is no input validation in place).