Using Echo Ultrasound Motion Detection as automation triggers

Hello,

I’m a new user and I have almost zero understanding of codes but I am very willing to learn! Please be kind :slightly_smiling_face:

Back story: I started my automation journey using echo devices and Alexa routines. I am now doing my best to create automations using HA. I have 2 sensors at the moment, and ordered 3 more to make my life easier, but I still want to use my echo devices’ ultrasound motion sensor - well, because they are readily available and they have been reliable ever since I started using them.

I found a very helpful yaml configuration here but I don’t understand what is which and who and where :crying_cat_face: Here’s the link:

Simple way to get Amazon Echo 4th generation ultrasound motion/presence sensors into Home Assistant - Share your Projects! / Scripts - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

I was able to paste the code and when I checked the configuration, it was green! But I don’t have a clue as to why! LOL!

So here are my facts:

1. I have a NabuCasa cloud account.
  2. I have linked it with Alexa.
  3. The echo device that I’m using for this example is named Lance Echo. It is 5th gen.
  4. It is connected to the same WiFi with my HA.
  5. I can access configuration yaml using file editor.
  6. I know how to copy (CTRL + C) and paste (CTRL + V or CTRL + SHIFT +V) LOL!

What I need help with:

1. I can’t seem to find the entity to expose to Alexa or vice versa.
  2. I’m not sure about the strings(?) that I changed on the configuration. I mean, I changed this:

unique_id: switch.office_echo_ultrasound_motion
friendly_name: "Office Echo Ultrasound Motion

to this:

unique_id: switch.lance_echo_ultrasound_motion
friendly_name: "Lance Echo Ultrasound Motion

1. What else did I do wrong?
  2. What do I do to correct my wrong doings?

I know this has been really lengthy but I need help, please?

Many thanks,
Kris

Hello everyone!

IT’S WORKING! I DON’T KNOW HOW AND WHY BUT IT IS! AND I’M HAPPY!