Using emulated hue, is there a shorter way to

turn on all my lights than: “alexa, turn on lights”
i’d rather just use: “alexa, lights”

i have this script which works with the 4 words, but i want 2 words. like any good star trek captain would.

script:
  all_lights:
    alias: 'Lights'
    sequence:
     - service: switch.turn_on
       entity_id: switch.wall
     - service: switch.turn_on
       entity_id: switch.desk

IFTTT is the way i solved this… “OK Google light” triggers a IFTTT script that does a web call to HASS setting a scene. You can use any phrase / keyword you want like “light” “dark” etc

Unfortunately this is a limitation of Alexa, there are basically no single words commands and you cannot programme them in. Using IFTTT you would still have to tell Alexa to forward the command to IFTTT with the keyword “trigger”, which is more cumbersome and longer than what you can already do: “Alexa, lights on”

Ah with Google Home and Google Assistant on my mobile it works like I describe it :slight_smile: one more reason to go Google :wink:

“Alexa, lights on” should work. Never tried it with a device named “Lights”, but I do “Alexa, bedroom on” and it works.

IFTTT really makes google home nice, you can make any command do anything really if hitting the home assistant rest api.

I just wish we could use direct actions without going through IFTTT, thats the real dream.