Using keepalived in a hassos installation

Hello,

Is it possible to install keepalived in a raspberry pi 4 with Home Assistant OS? Right now I am using the Nginx Proxy Manager addon as a point of entry of all my local services (not only hass). I would love to be able to keep it running when hassos is down (for instance when updating). Is it possible to use something like keepalived so i can use a virtual IP to failover to another npm instance running in another computer?

1 Like

I too am looking for server redundancy failover using keepalived using a floating IP, I rely on HA to be 100% operational.

+1 from my side as well. In the past I used Keepalived to fulfill this

Hi!

I found this topic while searching for the same thing. I would like to use keepalived with HA OS. My usecase would he to have a floating VIP with the Adguard addon and other adguard instance(s) in the LAN.
I am doing that today with 3 Raspis and pihole but I would prefer using adguard. For that, it would be great to have the ability to add the HA OS instance ti have it float the VIP there as well.

Unfortunately, I do not know, how to achieve that. From other topics I got the impression, that it might be possible to install keepalived on the core or ssh addon? But then? Is there somebody who can help with that?

Thanks and best regards :slight_smile: