Using node group associations to control multiple Honeywell switches

I have several Honeywell z-wave dimmers and would like to control multiple lights from a single switch.

I’ve been semi-successful using the Node group associations section of the z-wave configuration UI. Using Basic - Double Tap and adding multiple nodes to the group I can double tap and turn all the lights on/off in the group except for the node the action is set on.

For example:

I’m setting the Node Group association on the Living Room Node: 7

These are the nodes in the group:
Kitchen Cans (Node: 10 Complete)
Kitchen Island (Node: 9 Complete)
Kitchen Table (Node: 8 Complete)
Living Room (Node: 7 Complete)

When I double tap Node 7 then Nodes 8, 9 and 10 respond as I expect but Node 7 doesn’t do anything. So to turn all 4 sets of lights on/off I have to single tap the switch, wait for the living room light to come on and then double tap it for the rest.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to go about this functionality?! Thanks in advance.

image|471x500

Hello @Bill_W.
Did you ever solve this issue?
I have similar thoughts and stumbled upon your post while looking for an answer.

No, I never solved it. I’m still pressing the switch twice. :frowning: I wonder if using scenes might be a better way to go but I haven’t figure out how to fire off a scene with a light switch either.

@ibennani I think this post is going to be the way to do it. I’m close to get it to working using this method. I’ll update this post if I’m able to get it working well.