Using overlay2 with docker failed

I use bookworm Raspbian OS, as I work on a Pi Zero 2 W, which does not work with hassio (I tried).

Yesterday, I installed ha via docker and it worked well.

I changed the settings in raspi-configin order to access the SD card from windows in case of future issues.

However, after I applied this change and rebooted my docker wouldn’t start. It stated “inactive, tried to launch too many times unsuccessfully”.

It took me a while to identify the issue.

Finally with sudo overlay I learned, that the overlay seems to be the issue.
Now that I disabled that overlay again everything works fine again.

Did anyone experience this before?

For now I am happy, but you never know when you need to access your files via SD-Card reader :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Andy

Use SSH or samba. pretty sure windows cant read linux file system.

else if you want to take SD card and just use it own your pc put ubuntu on a flash drive and use that whenever you want to make change using physical media

EDIT
I forgot, WSL may be a better option now.

thanks for your reply, but this unfortunately does not resolve the issue.

In order to be able to read the SD card when plugging it into my windows, I would need this overlay activated because otherwise, as you say correctly, it is not readable by Windoofs.

So per default I access it via ssh anyways, but you know. The day will come I might need to access the physical card on Windows e.g. to recover data, and that does not work with the default settings for the file system mentioned above.

Cheers,

Andy