Using playlist dropdown in ytube_media_player (KoljaWindeler)

Using the ytube mediaplayer from KoljaWindeler (KoljaWindeler (Kolja Windeler) · GitHub)

@JKW I need to say you did an amazing job… It’s my fave HA integration. I have it set up with a IKEA styrbar automation - and I can DJ the sh*t out of YT with that in my hand… I will post the automation when I am done tweaking it - thanks!!

I have 2 questions regarding the the dropdowns provided.

1. The UI
    How can I use the dropdowns provided. When changing the the Speaker and Playmode dropdowns the change is immediately actioned. But when changing the playlist nothing happens I have to turn the player on and off.

2. using the dropdown values in service calls

I can easily cycle through the different speaker pressing a button:

- service: input_select.select_next
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: input_select.ytube_music_player_speakers
      - service: media_player.select_source
        data:
          source: "{{states.input_select.ytube_music_player_speakers.state}}"
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.ytube_music_player

BUT when I try to do the same with playlists:

- service: input_select.select_next
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: input_select.ytube_music_player_playlist

- service: media_player.play_media
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.ytube_music_player
        data:
          media_content_type: playlist
          media_content_id: {{states.input_select.ytube_music_player_playlist.state}}"

Am I missing something?
Is it because I am getting the name of the playlist from the dropdown - and not the ID? If so, how can I make that work?

Hi, thanks up front.
There is no particular reason why you have to turn off and on … honestly: the drop-down aren’t a good way.

I’ve removed all from my interfaces and only use direct button instead. Especially in combination with the mini media player this is a lot nicer. Have a look:

Jkw

Edit: the easiest way to get the id is to open the media browser, browse to the playlist / channel / album etc and start playing it. Once it playing check the media player entity. It provides the needed information at _media_id and _media_type