Using Supervisor on Synology (or how to install Add-ons on Container?)

No. Docker image != VM. You can install it in a vm, like they said.

tnx for the reply.
I need to build more knowledge before that.

I would love to install home assistant in my Synology, but the add-ons are a must-have…

Docker is just HA, no AddOns out of box. You can install them mostly, but require a bit more work.
VM is Virtual Machine (or VMM Virtual Machine Manager) - virtual server running inside other servers. In this case - system running under Synology OS. VM supports HA OS and that supports AddOns out of box.

So, depends on what machine you have, does it support VMM, how much RAM you have etc. But in both cases you can run everything - with VM much easier, with Docker a bit more steps.

1 Like

FWIW, there is also this handy guide on how to install Home Assistant Supervised as a Virtual Machine (not docker) on Synology NAS

If you’re installing HA in a VM I have no idea why you would install the supervised version. It’s the same thing as HAOS except requires way way more manual effort on your part to get set up, keep up to date and fix the things that regularly break. Instead of just using the already published VM images for HAOS and letting HA manage itself.

1 Like

Hi, can you clarify this please as i have a container running with supervisord -c supervisor.conf, and it has worked before fine running 3 flasks. I am now trying to use it with Celery for just 1 Flask app.py as i need workers for some ai sentence transformers to process. But I cannot at the moment seem to get my DSM to refer CURL Post traffic to the flask app’s endpoint. This issue i firmly believe is not a supervisor module issue but it may well be due to the gunicorn binding but i don’t know how to test for this specific issue within DSM’s Container and environment. For me this is the problem with DevOps isthat it is incredibly difficult sometimes to isolate access issues. It’s not a firewall issue, not an ssl issue not a reverse proxy setup issue, i just get page not found from a curl request, so its a port binding issue somewhere, which could be the container, the app or the supervisor.conf binding the app to gunicorn or to the container. Incredibly hard to debug, and I can’t right now. What I can say for sure is it’s definitely not a supervisor module issue though.