Using the results of my presence detection flow for other flows

Hello. I have a little presence detection flow that I’ve been using to set my thermostat, and it’s working great.

What I would love to do is to be able to use the results of the flow (the boolean logic true or false for home and away) as a condition for my other my other flows. An example of this would be only send me notifications about weather conditions at home, when I’m at home. Or, don’t send any notifications if we are away.

I think I want to be able to store the state of that boolean node and and use it’s state to determine if another flow’s messages can pass or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at nodered docs about context. Is basically variable store, you have different scopes, node, flow and global. In your case you need global you want to re-use this value in another tab(flow) context can be pulled or stored in function nodes, switch, change nodes and many more.

Now be aware that context values do not trigger other flows, if your thinking like state changes do in ha nodes.

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. I was able to get it working by creating a global, and then using a switch to move messages based on the global state. It worked perfectly after adding some information to the settings.js