UTF-8 issues with the Discovery module (potential issue with netdisco and Daikin)

I get the following error every 5 min when I have the discovery module activated in home-assistant:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/discovery.py", line 132, in new_service_found
    discovery_hash = json.dumps([service, info], sort_keys=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 238, in dumps
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/encoder.py", line 199, in encode
    chunks = self.iterencode(o, _one_shot=True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/encoder.py", line 257, in iterencode
    return _iterencode(o, 0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/json/encoder.py", line 180, in default
TypeError: Object of type 'bytes' is not JSON serializable

I think it is due to the fact that my Daikin AC is named Mjövik (with non reg character ö). I did have a fix for this in home-assistant/home-assistant#11233 but I closed it since @rofrantz “fixed” it in home-assistant/netdisco#158.

It would be interesting to see if someone else could reproduce this issue and perhaps issue a fix.

I have something similar I think (running 0.80.3)

2018-10-22 20:30:30 WARNING (SyncWorker_13) [netdisco.ssdp] Error fetching description at
2018-10-22 20:30:37 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/discovery.py", line 143, in new_service_found
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 64, in async_init
    return await self._async_handle_step(flow, flow.init_step, data)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 98, in _async_handle_step
    result = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)  # type: Dict
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/upnp/config_flow.py", line 71, in async_step_discovery
    '{} ({})'.format(discovery_info['host'], discovery_info['name'])
KeyError: 'name'