Utility Meter based on Hourly Energy Cost

Hi,

Over the last weeks, I’ve been trying to find a solution to how I could do the following:

To have 4 utility meters, that has the electricity usage cost hourly, daily, weekly and monthly. Which shows me the electricity usage cost per hour, day, week and monthly (without using the Energy dashboard - this is too buggy and resets the statistics randomly) and I would like to use these data in other places too.

I have an Energy Meter which returns the current kWh used (total_increasing). I use this kWh on a Utility Meter with an Hourly cycle. This gives me the kWh used per hour.

I also have a sensor, that returns the current kWh electricity price per hour. I combine these two sensors (utility meter and energy cost) in a new sensor. Which gives me the electricity usage cost per hour (since the price based on hourly kWh).

I have also tried to make a number input, which is updated every hour (minus one second), so I have the values there also - but haven’t found a way to use these.

I have tried any possible way with the Utility Meter and this always somehow registeres the wrong cost or fail over a negative hourly price (yes, we can have negative kWh prices).

Any suggestions on how I could achieve this?

I struggle exactly the same.

I use the HomeWizard P1 that gives an entity of the tarif class used. I translate that into the real prices.
The energy dashboard has some nice features but the layout, graphs and consistency are not my favorite.

So I like to use the utility meter. But no clue how I can configure that to use the sensor with the actual price. It is very frustrating as this would be a great way to store data for long term as well and compare days, months and years.

@mm98 did you figure out how to do this?, I’m strugling with the same and wants to make an overview of return of investment for my solar panels + battery.
Need to make these cost utility meters, but cannot really get my head around how to.
/Anders

I have the exact same issue… Current idea:

Utility_meter for hourly/daily/weekly/monthly usage
Current kWh price through Integration
Automation that runs every hour (59min+50sec),

• to set entity cost_hour state to “current_kwh_price * utility_meter_hourly”

Utility_meter for daily/weekly/monthly cost based on the above cost_hour (this I have not setup yet)

No, I never found a solution for this.

The only option i did find was, creating a utility meter via usage * electricity price per hour. Showing this in a chart like this (rendering the last value each hour by last property). I don’t really need it per month or year (can be found in energy).

Showing electricity total usage cost per hour (for the last 24h).