Utility meter big spikes

Hi,

I am using utility meter for recording monthly and daily energy consumption. I have several meters for several apartments as well. The value comes from a pzem004-t. It usually works fine, but sometimes, I get a huge spike in the utility meter (please the pzem-004t doesn’t show any spike, so I am quite sure the problem lies in utility meter).

Please see a screenshot below, there is one big spike in utility meter at 16:17 (from 250kwh to 409 kwh), and another one at 20:12(from 409kwh to 800kwh). And it happened to all of the utility meters:

Anyone experienced the same issue, and found any solution?
Thanks

I have a similiar problem. I’m using teplate sensor combining several power meters into one and sometimes the template sensor shows zero kWh for a few seconds (not sure why), so utility meter goes wild once the value jumps back…

But I think both issues can be solved by using outliter filter .

It cannot be properly fixed using a filter, please see this github issue:

Alternatively, you can use a template for the sensor which filters 0 values. I have tried what @petro suggested here (I have not thoroughly tested it yet though):

Hello, i have the same issue. Sometimes my energy sensor sends 0 and utility meter breaks (( I tried to use your template but configurator shows error “Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: mapping values are not allowed here in “/config/energy.yaml”, line 10, column 14”
Have no idea what to do. Did you solve your problem ?