Utility Meter Configuration

Hi Guys, I’m having issues getting the utility monitor to return correct results. I’ve fed it both KW and KWh sensors however the actual consumption is much less than the utility monitor is reporting. e.g. when feeding it Kw I’d consumed 1.2KWh however the utility meter reported 3.1KWh and when feeding it the live consumption over a test period I’d consumed .388KWh and the utility meter reported .676KWh.
I’ve tried the below sensors to feed the data. they combine the readings provided by my smart plugs to current KWh or Combined Daily KWh.

combined_live_consumption:
        friendly_name: "Live Consumption"
        unit_of_measurement: "KW"
        value_template: "{{ ((states('sensor.sofa_plug_energy_temp_wattage') | float + states('sensor.pc_avr_plug_energy_temp_wattage') | float + states('sensor.readyroom_plug_energy_temp_wattage') | float) / 1000) | round(4)}}"
      combined_day_consumption:
        friendly_name: "Daily Consumption"
        unit_of_measurement: "KWh"
        value_template: "{{ ((states('sensor.sofa_plug_energy_temp_total_daily_energy') | float + states('sensor.pc_avr_plug_energy_temp_total_daily_energy') | float + states('sensor.readyroom_plug_energy_temp_total_daily_energy') | float)) | round(4)}}"

Any suggestions on where I’m going wrong?

You cant feed it power sensors (kW). A continuous totalizing energy sensor (kWh) is required. By the looks of your energy sensor id it resets daily. This will not work for periods longer than a day in the utility meter.

You could integrate the power sensor sensor.sofa_plug_energy_temp_wattage to get a continuous energy reading. See here:

As I said I’ve tried with the KWh sesnsor (combined_day_consumption) this is the KWh usage from all the smart plugs added together. this is then set as the sensor that the utility meter will look at however it’s reporting much higher consumption than is shown in that sensor (at present 0.893 on the utility meter vs 0.422 shown by the sensor)

And as I said, you need a continuous energy total, not a daily total.

Also are all your lights and power outlets monitored? Or is there energy consumption you are missing?

I agree that once the sensors reset at midnight the data would be lost but surely up until that point that would be classed as a continuous energy total and would work fine ( the differences I’ve mentioned have been purely from testing today) I’m not monitoring entire energy consumption I’m only interested in a few specific outlets (more monitoring sockets are on the way).