Utility meter not showing in Energy tab

Hello,
I’m running the latest Home Assistant version and I have a bunch of utility meters configured, some of them show in the energy tab (so I can add them as individual devices to monitor) but some doesn’t.
I’ve added them few days ago, restarted HA and still nothing:

Example of a sensor that doesn’t show on the dashboard:
Screenshot 2023-04-12 075430

Any clues why is that?

Thanks

It will only show when things increase, seeing last update on 9 April…it seems to not increase

Thanks for the reply but it is actually increasing:

But the summary stats shows that no stats has been found: (odd?)

Screenshot 2023-04-12 080810

That is not stats, it is history, can you try to look at the statistics card (there is one)

1 Like

Right! There was a problem reported there, no idea how, about a change in unit. Will see if HA fixed the problem by itself now! I’ll report, thanks for the moment

EDIT: It’s working now!

I have the same problem but can not fix it. The unit is not shown in the statistics but do not know why.
You can see the export Daily which has no unit. The export Montly has a unit. Both are utility meter values from sensor.energy_export_sum which is also shown.

It seems to be accepted as a statistic, otehrwise it would not show in this tab :slight_smile:
How did you set it up, i.e. template / code may allow to help you more then showing an empty field :slight_smile:

This is the code which sets it up. All other sensors are present with a unit only the sensor.enery_export_daily not.

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:

# Template sensor for values of power import (active_power > 0)
      power_import:
        friendly_name: "Power Import"
        unit_of_measurement: "W"
        value_template: >-
          {% if (states('sensor.powersensor_channel_a_power')|float + states('sensor.powersensor_channel_b_power')|float + states('sensor.powersensor_channel_c_power')|float) > 0 %}
            {{ states('sensor.powersensor_channel_a_power')|float + states('sensor.powersensor_channel_b_power')|float + states('sensor.powersensor_channel_c_power')|float }}
          {% else %}
            {{ 0 }}
          {% endif %}
        availability_template: "{{
          [ states('sensor.powersensor_channel_a_power'),
            states('sensor.powersensor_channel_b_power'),
            states('sensor.powersensor_channel_c_power')
          ] | map('is_number') | min
        }}"

# Template sensor for values of power export (active_power < 0)
      power_export:
        friendly_name: "Power Export"
          {% if (states('sensor.powersensor_channel_a_power')|float + states('sensor.powersensor_channel_b_power')|float + states('sensor.powersensor_channel_c_power')|float) < 0 %}
            {{ (states('sensor.powersensor_channel_a_power')|float + states('sensor.powersensor_channel_b_power')|float + states('sensor.powersensor_channel_c_power')|float) * -1 }}
          {% else %}
            {{ 0 }}
          {% endif %}
        availability_template: "{{
          [ states('sensor.powersensor_channel_a_power'),
            states('sensor.powersensor_channel_b_power'),
            states('sensor.powersensor_channel_c_power')
          ] | map('is_number') | min
        }}"

# Template sensor for values of power consumption
      power_consumption:
        friendly_name: "Power Consumption"
          {% if (states('sensor.power_export')|float(0)) > 0 and (states('sensor.power_solargen')|float(0) - states('sensor.power_export')|float(0)) < 0 %}
          {% elif (states('sensor.power_export')|float(0)) > 0 and (states('sensor.power_solargen')|float(0) - states('sensor.power_export')|float(0)) > 0 %}
            {{ (states('sensor.power_solargen')|float(0)) - states('sensor.power_export')|float(0) }}    
          {% else %}
            {{ states('sensor.power_import')|float(0) + states('sensor.power_solargen')|float(0) }}
          {% endif %}

# Sensor for Riemann sum of energy import (W -> Wh)
  - platform: integration
    source: sensor.power_import
    name: energy_import_sum
    unit_prefix: "k"
    round: 2
    method: left

# Sensor for Riemann sum of energy export (W -> Wh)
    source: sensor.power_export
    name: energy_export_sum

# Sensor for Riemann sum of energy consumption (W -> Wh)
    source: sensor.power_consumption
    name: energy_consumption_sum

utility_meter:
  energy_import_daily:
    source: sensor.energy_import_sum
    name: Energy Import Daily
    cycle: daily
  energy_import_monthly:
    source: sensor.energy_import_sum
    name: Energy Import Monthly
    cycle: monthly
  energy_export_daily:
    source: sensor.energy_export_sum
    name: Energy Export Daily
  energy_export_monthly:
    source: sensor.energy_export_sum
    name: Energy Export Monthly
  energy_consumption_daily:
    source: sensor.energy_consumption_sum
    name: Energy Consumption Daily
  energy_consumption_monthly:
    source: sensor.energy_consumption_sum
    name: Energy Consumption Monthly

The code is from a website to get a shelly 3em better integrated into the energy dashboard. Some of the users of the website do have exact the same problem like me. Currently no solution. This is why I am asking here.

If you say that energy_export_monthly is showing data then the power_export should work whcih is lso used for daily.

I can only guess that the data does not change during a day, could that be the case?
What does the history show on the daily one?
Log errors?

EDIT, show history of power_export too

There is a history in both cases. Today the sun comes up and I do not have exports now but you can see in the history that yesterday there were values present. This is the history of the problematic sensor with no unit.

below the sensor you want to have too power_export

I can only post one picture per post because I am a new user in the community :wink:

For me this all looks fine, could be a bug
Can you add a utility meter for daily, e.g. using the Helpers, and see if that makes a difference?
I do have to add that the title vs. the screenshots are not the same topic.

I did a check myself with mixed results: I have gas-usage utility meteres defined via yaml, they can not be added to the energy dashboard.
I have electricity related UM via the GUI > Helpers and they can (!) be added…confused myself now

Do not understand exactly what you describe.
But here ist my add Screenshot of the Energy Dashboard. There are a lot of things I can add like the “Energy Export Monthly” which is configured like the daily on I want to add (Configuration of the Monthly is shown above too). But I want to use the daily which is not available. I think because of the missing unit you can see in the picture above. My question is now how can I set the unit to do a workaround?

By the way, thanks for your fast feedback and the time you invest in my topic.

I have the impression that your utility meter is not well setup, and you did this via Yaml
You can also use that via the gui
Settings > Devices > Helpers tab
Try adding another one with a slightly different name for daily and see how that behaves

Really strange behavior. Why it did not work within the Yaml. I followed your instruction and created a other one within the GUI with a different name and it seams that this was a good workaround for me.
Thanks a lot! It really helped me. Now I have a nice energy dashboard with all I want to have in it.
Thanks again for your help and time!

I had a few things with the yaml one myself, just following ’ experience’ …still, I donot believe this should be wrongly working…possiby bug

I had the issue where none of my utility meters were shown in the energy dashboard.
The screenshots above should have made it clear to go into Developer Tools and Statistics and then find my meters in here and press the fix issue button. Now working fine

1 Like