Utility Meter resets at 2300 after change to Daylight Saving

I have the latest versions of HA installed on a RPi4.
A few weeks ago we changed to daylight saving and since then all of the Utility Meter sensors are resetting at 2300.
I’ve checked the system time and it shows that I am UTC+11:00 and AEDT (Australian Eastern Daylight Time) which is correct and the date and time are both right.
What needs to be done to get the Utility Meter sensors to update at midnight taking the presence or absence of daylight saving into account?
Susan

HA OS, container or core?

I have a similar issue with the energy dashboard. Also sensor.time reports the correct time, but if I look at a plot of any sensor data, the last shown value is an hour out (still GMT +10).

HAOS 10.5 on a Pi 4, HA 2023.10.1

Not particularly annoying except for rainfall data.

Try to make a reboot.
I think I saw somewhere that changes to the daylight savings are saved, but not actually applied before a reboot.

Both HA and the Pi have been restarted / rebooted, so not that.

This usually occurs when the underlying OS (or system OS in the case of VMs) has not updated its time.

Hmm, not this time. Did some testing - normally I use Chrome on MacOS as my main browser. This shows GMT+10 times

In both the Android and IOS companion apps the time and energy dashboard are correct showing GMT+11 timestamps. Also correct in Safari on MacOS.

So looks like it is a Chrome browser issue. Clearing cache does not resolve the issue.

@AussieSusan did you try a different browser?

I just checked. Both Chrome and Firefox are showing the correct daylight savings time for me in the energy dashboard.

I have the “use server time zone” option set in my profile, if that makes any difference.

Well done! That was it - if it’s not your issue @AussieSusan then apologies for hijacking your topic.

I hate that profile settings are device specific, but that they don’t reset on cache and cookie clear. Are they stored on the server? If so why don’t they follow you between devices?

Profile settings should follow you across devices. You just have to set them for each user.

And never have…

Sorry, but that is incorrect. User profile settings are specific to the user. You may be thinking of frontend changes like adjusting the left hand menu items position or hidden status. that is device specific.

Ah - I’m probably using the wrong terms. Yes - what you said… :smiley:

Thanks for the discussion above - and I don’t think the thread has been hijacked.
I’m not certain of the terminology regarding which version of HA I’m using but I copied the downloaded image into a memory stick and booted from that. I do know that the ‘About’ says:
Home Assistant 2023.10.1
Supervisor 2023.10.0
Operating System 10.5
Frontend 20231005.0 - latest
I have restarted HA - is that the same as rebooting in this context.
Also I used the ‘Advanced SSH & Web Terminal’ to see the date which is how I came to the conclusion in the OP that the system date/time were correct.
I’m at work at the moment and I have Edge and Chrom on my windows box and both are now showing the correct reset at midnight. At home I have an M1 iMac with the latest OS but there I was also using Chrome - I’ll need to check what it is doing now when I get home tonight.
(One thing I have noticed is that the ‘GoodWe’ inverter data that I’m getting from the ‘GoodWe’ integration is showing the daily PV generation is actually resetting at 0100. However the Utility Meter sensors that I’ve set up are resetting at midnight. I suspect that the daily PV generation is actually coming directly from the inverter and it may not have correctly adjusted for DST. But I think that is a separate problem.)
I’ll check again tonight at home and also try to ‘user server time zone’ setting - it is currently ‘Use your local timezone’ although both are showing the same date/time.
Susan

1 Like

OK - iMac M1 running MacOS Sonoma 14.0: Chrome “Version 118.0.5993.70 (Official Build) (arm64)” shows the reset occurring at 2300.
Safari “Version 17.0 (19616.1.27.211.1)” shows the same graph resetting at 0000.
The above two displays were made within 30 seconds of. each other.
On the Chrome browser:

With Safari:

I selected the ‘server time’ in Chrome and it show the reset time correctly now.
So it would appear that this is browser related but probably also cache/cookie/whatever related as well.
Thanks for the tips.
Susan

1 Like

As per https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/32467m4p it looks like it was a Chrome on MacOS issue. I updated to “Version 118.0.5993.88 (Official Build) (arm64)” and the display how shows:

I’ll still stick with the ‘Server time zone’ for now though.
Susan