Utility Meter with never cycle

I’m using Graphane for data analysis, where I can group the data in various ways.

It would be nice to be able to use the utility metter with a never cycle option, so I can group this sensor in many ways in grafana.

Today I’m doing this manually, but it would be interesting to be able to use the utility metter resources for this. Something like

cycle: never

That is just the original sensor you are feeding the utility meter.

No, because if the original sensor reset, or decrease, utility meter can always catch the global sum.

I’ve never tried feeding a daily energy sensor to the utility meter on a longer cycle. I wasn’t sure how it would deal with the reset. I only use an ever increasing sensor.

But if you say it works then your request has some merit. Don’t forget to vote for your own request.

1 Like

Exactly. My meter for example, if I reconfigure its networking, it resets, otherwise it is a lifetime sensor meter.

But I’m using utility meter to address this, this is the config:

total_energy_production:
    source: sensor.e4u_energy_production
  hourly_energy_production:
    cycle: hourly
  daily_energy_production:
    cycle: daily
  weekly_energy_production:
    cycle: weekly
  monthly_energy_production:
    cycle: monthly
  yearly_energy_production:
    cycle: yearly

As you can notice, total_energy_production has no cycle option, that means “never reset”.

2 Likes

Huh. Well there you go. The cycle does appear to be an optional configuration variable.

Closing this request as the feature is already available.

1 Like