UVC G4 Doorbell Integration with Google Assistant

I want to be able to use the Google Homes all around my house to act as a chime for my Unifi Protect G4 Doorbell. Just like the Nest Hello can utilize the Google Home as a chime. I have been trying for the last couple of hours and I have gotten pretty far. Here is where I am at now, I have installed and configured HACS, installed the unifi protect integration, added the G4 Doorbell, got Home Assistant Cloud working, and have verified that when I push the doorbell button, it triggers in Home Assistant. I was able to add the G4 Doorbell into the the google home app using the cloud integration. However, the Button acts as a camera (very odd). In home assistant the icon for it is, mdi:doorbell-video. Even though it was an on/off switch. So I changed it it to say mdi:doorbell. That resulted in a change of the icon. Instead of being added to google home as a doorbell, nothing shows at all. I had all of the other entities disabled because I don’t need them. I enabled one of them and sure enough only the one I enabled shows up to add to google home. I an stumped here and I have no idea what to do. The Home Assistant Community seems very nice and I hope to stick around Home Assistant.

1 Like

Were you able to get this working? I want to use my Google Minis as chimes for the UniFi G4 Doorbell as well.

Yes I was!

How? Mind sharing the code / steps / etc?

I’d love to do this as well.

I’d like this as well. Could you please explain step by step in details?

Love to know this as well!

Yes some code would be lovely!
Also, have anyone solved sending the picture from the cam to the Android App when someone rings the door?

1 Like

Hi all

I’m new to HA and the G4 Doorbell with the Unifi Protect integration. I was trying to setup a doorbell announcment on my Google Home Hub. I was having a few issues and the developer pointed me in the right direction. It now works like a charm

Here is a link to the page Google & G4 Doorbell

Hope it helps

Here is a link to the page Google & G4 Doorbell

This link doesn’t work anymore.

I think it’s because the repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only. Unifi Protect is now in Home Assistant Core HA Unifi Protect