UVC G4 Doorbell Integration with Google Assistant

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f73b95b04a8>

I want to be able to use the Google Homes all around my house to act as a chime for my Unifi Protect G4 Doorbell. Just like the Nest Hello can utilize the Google Home as a chime. I have been trying for the last couple of hours and I have gotten pretty far. Here is where I am at now, I have installed and configured HACS, installed the unifi protect integration, added the G4 Doorbell, got Home Assistant Cloud working, and have verified that when I push the doorbell button, it triggers in Home Assistant. I was able to add the G4 Doorbell into the the google home app using the cloud integration. However, the Button acts as a camera (very odd). In home assistant the icon for it is, mdi:doorbell-video. Even though it was an on/off switch. So I changed it it to say mdi:doorbell. That resulted in a change of the icon. Instead of being added to google home as a doorbell, nothing shows at all. I had all of the other entities disabled because I don’t need them. I enabled one of them and sure enough only the one I enabled shows up to add to google home. I an stumped here and I have no idea what to do. The Home Assistant Community seems very nice and I hope to stick around Home Assistant.