Vaillant/MultiMATIC integration

I am using the integration with an air source heat pump - arotherm plus

1 Like

Does the eBus adapter actually offer any benefit? I thought the newer Vaillant components use EEBUS?

No, EEBUS and Ebus are totally different protocols. Ebus is mainly used internal, EEBUS for other components. So you can attach an ebus adapter.

1 Like

Thats good to know - Iā€™ve just got myself a VR920 gateway and set it up. I only end up getting two entities show up - holiday and quick mode.

So if we think this is all migrating to the myvailiant app should I have just got an ebus adapter of some kindā€¦?! Feel a bit silly now spending stupid money for the gateway - especially as I canā€™t get it to work.

@tgermain any idea why I am only getting - binary_sensor.multimatic_holiday_0020252923 and binary_sensor.multimatic_quick_mode_0020252923. Iā€™ve made sure I am on Core 2022.11 and I am the only user with an HA account. Through the VRC700 app I can see all the data Iā€™d expect to see.

I tried the serial number of the gateway and the control unit for the heat pump but both just provide the same entities. I guess I should find the serial for the heat pump itself.

Multimatic app is actually using 2 different API. I guess you probably have a VRC 720 ?

Hi,
it seems that things are moving on the Multimatic application !
I have new elements that have appeared:

Domestic hot water electricity consumption.
Heating power consumption.
Domestic hot water gas consumption.
Heating gas consumption.

Itā€™s a VRC700F system. Meaning itā€™s a wireless thermostat unit. Should it matter about the serial numbers? Iā€™ve only tried the internet gateway and the control module where I can read all the data Iā€™d expect to see. Need to dig out and see if the serial number is for the heat pump itself but I canā€™t see that being the issue.

So is all that data new to the app? Strange that they would add it now if they are going to close it down?

Iā€™ve removed users from HA so I have one user, I assume thatā€™s what you mean by only having a dedicated user in your instructions?

If you only have one serial number, you donā€™t even have to specify it, the integration will fetch it for you.

You can try to set the multimatic integration log in debug and see what kind of response you receive from the API. (Or do you have any error in the log ?)

Can you confirm that you are using multimatic app ?

You should definitely have one dedicated user for HA (and other users for your personal use), otherwise you might have authentication errors.

Before I read this I thought maybe I just leave the serial number outā€¦ turns out that works :sweat_smile:

Does anyone have experience in putting their Vaillant into a ā€œpower saving modeā€ during the most expensive electricity hours of the day?

I have an FlexoTHERMExlusive with a 1000-liter buffer tank, VR700, VR920 and I would like to turn off the electrical heater and compressor during the most expensive hours. Then during the cheap hours, I want to heat the buffer tank to its full again.

I suspect that during the time I put Vaillant into Off mode, the circulation also stops, keeping all my hot water still in my buffer tank.

Hi all, my Multimatic is no upgraded to Myvaillant :upside_down_face:
So application is not more working, is somebody working on the MyVaillant APP ??
It would be nice I missing now the consumption data from Vaillant.

BR

1 Like

Hi,
Does anyone experience the issue that when hvac, watertemp or heat temp settings are set/changed by automation via HA that it get set to auto again without interaction?

Hi tgermain,
after that I did the app ugrade I was able to see ā€œbodyā€ section of the json like your outputā€¦
I found the issue, I donā€™t know why but the serial number changed -.-
btw, the content inside the json section is always the same, even if I turn off the boiler or change to manualā€¦
I got always the below output

{
  "body": {
    "errorMessages": [
      {
        "deviceName": "BOILER MODEL",
        "type": "STATUS",
        "title": "Modo riscaldamento: bruciatore acceso",
        "statusCode": "S.4",
        "description": "Il modo riscaldamento ĆØ attivo ed il bruciatore ĆØ in funzione.",
        "hint": "...",
        "timestamp": 1672141335827
      }
    ]
  },

do you have any idea why doesnā€™t change ?

Very happy holidays to all!

Can someone tell me the good URL to get the ECS Temperatures like: heating value: 60Ā° and the standby value( near 35Ā°c ) ?

I only find my setting ( 57Ā°) with :

https://smart.vaillant.com/mobile/api/v4/facilities/2******************4/systemcontrol/v1/dhw/Control_DHW/hotwater/configuration

RĆ©sult :

{ā€œbodyā€:{ā€œoperation_modeā€:ā€œAUTOā€,ā€œtemperature_setpointā€:57.0}

and

ā€¦ dhw/Control_DHW/hotwater/configuration/temperature_setpoint

give me err 405 - Where {dhw_id} = Control_DHW .
{dhw_id} is it unique or there is another ?

Thank You

Hello,

Problems with vr920 since yesterday afternoon. Is this a general problem with vaillant server(s)?

Best regards

@lecocqe
hi, no problem with my vr900

Hi,
My configuration is:
gas boiler ecotec pro VC 248/5-3 (H-BL) R6
VR921
VRC700/6

Is it possible to get gas consumption from it? As on multimatic app I donā€™t see it.

Tx.

1 Like

Iā€™m starting to integrate a Vaillant UniTower + split + VRC 720/2 with HA.
Iā€™m trying to do it locally with eBus, so I think Iā€™ll buy a TCP/IP eBus 3 adapter using John30ā€™s ebusd
Iā€™ll try to read status and some temperature values and turn on/off the heat pump.
Maybe for the latter Iā€™ll use a knx device to short circuit a contact on heat pump (now Iā€™m doing it with a thermostat)

Did someone tried this way with success?

It seems it is already there :wink: ebusd - Home Assistant