Vaillant/MultiMATIC integration

Hi,

1. the end goal is the have it into ha official release, but it depends on my free time. I still have to do some tests on the component. Than I will have to submit the code for review by the HA team.
  2. I don’t really know which model are supported, but the doc I read says you can put ambisense on an existing system. I think this is more related to the VRC 700 than the heater itself. I know some data are not the same in the vaillant API regarding the heater/boiler/etc. model you have, but most of the data are the same. But please, consider checking and not based yourself (only) on my assumptions :slight_smile:

For info, I have this one: VC BE 246/5-3

Hope it helps

Yeah sure, i’m already doing that, see https://github.com/thomasgermain/pymultiMATIC/issues/13 for example. Depending on the boiler, the vaillant API doesn’t return exactly the same thing ( the name of the data is FlowTemperatureSensor or FlowTemperatureVF1, but it represents the same thing, which is the actual temperature of the boiler) and the component is handling that. But this is the only difference that have been reported until now, so I guess there should not been too much differences between models.

All I have to know to fix something (if there is something to fix) is a raw response coming from vaillant API. And of course, you have to anonymized data (serial number, address, timestamp, etc.).

All I have to know to fix something (if there is something to fix) is a raw response coming from vaillant API. And of course, you have to anonymized data (serial number, address, timestamp, etc.).

Can you explaine me more this ?

Basically, the android app (or the ios app) is calling the API and receiving responses (and parsing them and displaying something)
I’m doing exactly the same, so in order to improve the compatibility, I need to have these responses.

Ok but how i can do it?

I’m taking care if this part. I have some scripts to extract data. But we only need them if you have something not working, so you should not worry about that for now.

Ok when buy boiler gas i write to you…

It was a typo, sorry.
I have rebooted my Raspberry, and it was ok,…
Thank for your help.

Good morning all
I try to use the service “set_holiday_mode” but no way to give it the date parameters.
If I force the dates ‘’ 2020-01-24 “, no problem but if I take the dates encoded in an entity” input_datetime “, I get this error message:” ValueError: time data ‘sensor.date_debut_vacance’ does not match format ‘% Y-% m-% d’ "

I tried to use a template to only take the state of these dates, but that doesn’t change anything.

Can you help me?

Thank you

Hi,

maybe you can format your input_datetime using {{state_attr('input_datetime.test', 'timestamp') | int | timestamp_custom('%Y-%m-%d', False)}}. I’m not familiar with input_datetime.

I can also see if this is possible to directly give a timestamp to the set_holiday_mode service and extracting the date from it.

Cheers,

Thomas

thanks for your help but it still doesn’t work. The problem is the same,… :cry:

Hi Thomas,

In my setup I am using your component together with ebusd via MQTT so I get much more detailed information from my system. The previous version (from a few days ago, the last that was still using version 0.0.11 of pymultimatic) worked great for the most part.

I suggest that you rename “boiler” to “SysFlow” or something similar because it’s configuration dependent. In my system it is showing the temperature of water flowing between the buffer and heating circuits. It isn’t showing the boiler (heat pump in my case) temperature. It is most obvious when it’s heating the domestic hot water, because it doesnt’ move at all.

I also noticed a strange behaviour of the climate component when the “Room temp. mod.” in VRC 700 is set to “Thermostatic switch-on”, because the component is changing it’s modes by itself… This doesn’t happen when “Room temp. mod.” is set to “Thermostat”.

It doesn’t bother me as I will use “Thermostat” setting anyway, but I can investigate further and report back to you on exactly when and how this is happening. That is when I get the component running again.

I tried the latest version of the vaillant component (https://minhaskamal.github.io/DownGit/#/home?url=https://github.com/thomasgermain/home-assistant/tree/vaillant/homeassistant/components/vaillant) and it dosn’t work for me. I even tried removing the configuration from configuration.yaml. The component doesn’t start and it doesn’t show up in intergrations. Should I do anything specific to make it work?

Thanks for your effort in creating the component and your help,

Tomaž

I noticed if your HA is not in English nor in French, then there is no translation for the integration. It means the integration is there but with empty name (you should see a blank line in your integration list).

I’ll also check your points about temperatures and mode a bit later

Thomas

EDIT: I just pushed english translations for all locals, so you should see the integration

Works great now!

Hi tgermain,

thank you very much for creating the code for the Vaillant integration. Even as a new Home Assistant user I was quite fast in setting up all necessary things to use it to control my heating system.
One thing I have observed I would like to report back to you:
When you add a Thermostat control card in the Lovelace UI and you change the temperature to a lower setting, my system automatically switches from heating into cooling mode.
This behavior I have never observed when changing the temperature in the Vaillant Multimatic app or on the physical thermostat itself.
Any ideas why that is the case?

Hi,

thanks for your input.

In order to fit into HA API, I have to map every “vaillant” mode (AUTO, NIGHT, DAY, etc.) to a HVAC mode defined in hA (HVAC_MODE_HEAT, HVAC_MODE_COOL, HVAC_MODE_OFF, etc.)

By setting a temperature with the card, you’re actually creating a quick veto at vaillant. The only way I found to map the quick veto to a hvac mode is to compare the target temperature of the quick veto and the current temperature. Based on that, i’m setting the hvac mode to heat or cool.

But i’m open to any suggestions :slight_smile:

Thomas

Hi
Please write in first post all model vaillant controler which now will be support. Thanks.

This is actually quite hard to say. It basically support every controller working with multiMATIC application, it should be vr900 and vr920.

Hi,

are you able to login to the multimatic application with the credential you are using for HA ?

You don’t have to do anything expect enter your login/password

1 Like

Hi i hope you guys can help me,
i integrate vaillant in my home assistant as discribed and after i put user and password i receive following error in the log:

2020-04-03 12:56:06 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.vaillant.hub] Enable to fetch data from vaillant API
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/config/custom_components/vaillant/hub.py”, line 38, in _update_system
self._manager.request_hvac_update()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymultimatic/systemmanager.py”, line 463, in request_hvac_update
self._connector.put(urls.hvac_update())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymultimatic/api/connector.py”, line 152, in put
return self.query(url, ‘PUT’, payload)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymultimatic/api/connector.py”, line 118, in query
return self._safe_call(method, url, payload)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymultimatic/api/connector.py”, line 223, in _safe_call
payload)
pymultimatic.api.error.ApiError: (‘Received error from server url: https://smart.vaillant.com/mobile/api/v4/facilities/21153100201971160933009649N3/hvacstate/v1/hvacMessages/update and method PUT’, <Response [409]>, None)

Can somebody help me ?