Vaillant/MultiMATIC integration

hello, I have:

Vaillant Heizung -> VR920 -> VR700 -> Amisense Thermostatventile

VR920 -> Fritzbox ->Raspberry-> Iobroker ->Vaillant.0-Adapter

Hello, is it possible to display only the room temperature from the VR700 sensor in the HA panel?

Hello,

what HA panel are you talking about ?
Here is my climate panel:

-> 17.9 is the actual temp
-> 17.5 is the target temperature.

which lovelace card are you using ? You should have a look at the lovelace card documentation if there is a way to display info as yo want

How about, Iā€™m using component 1.4.0 in the latest version 2020.12.1 and it works fine.
How can I detect with climate.vaillant_control_zo1 that the heating is working? The icon changes color, but in an automation I need to be able to know that it is active

Iā€™m glad itā€™s working fine, you should take a look at hvac_action attribute, it should be heating when itā€™s heating.

I have added a sensor with the attribute that you indicated. Thank you

• platform: template
    sensors:
    vaillant_caldera:
    friendly_name: ā€˜Vaillant Calderaā€™
    value_template: ā€˜{{ states.climate.vaillant_control_zo1.attributes[ā€œhvac_actionā€] }}ā€™
1 Like

Hi @tgermain,

Looking to your work, I have two doubts:
First, do you think that we can introduce Saunier Duval/Bulex boilers under the Vaillant component as we did with vSmart and Migo?
Second, is the eBus from Vaillant the same as used in Saunier Duval/Bulex boilers rebranding? Therefore, if it is true, maybe we can use all the Vaillant stuff over the other brands without modifying the APIs.

Finally, I think that MultiMATIC is the same as MIpro under Saunier Duval/Bulex brands, with an equivalent Internet Gateway (Milink). It is possible to check cross compatibility by decompiling the manufacturers APP?

Thanks for your great job!

Hello,

thanks for your input :slight_smile:

I found that: https://developer.vaillant-group.com/compatibility, but not sure itā€™s talking about multimatic API. Do you have migo ? If yes, you can just have a try with your user password.
Honestly, iā€™m quite sceptical since the multimatic API requires a serial number (which is a number printed on the VR920 itself).

I didnā€™t put my hands inside my boiler, so I canā€™t say anything about ebus configuration.

Do you have a link to the apk ? I can have a look

Hello Thomas,
Iā€™m really new with HA (and this forum) and my main application is my vaillant heater system (ambisense, vr920) because vaillant doesnā€™t have any ifttt/alexa features.
Do you have a step by step tuto or the best way is to pass through the 131 posts meaning 2 years of your work?
Thanks in advance,
Ludovic

Hello,
I didnā€™t realise it was already 2 years :astonished:

Actually, you just have to follow instructions here: https://github.com/thomasgermain/vaillant-component to install the custom component (last stable version is 1.4.0 now). After you have copy/past vaillant folder inside custom_components (the folder should be in the same folder as your configuration.yaml), you can go to configuration -> integration and search for vaillant. Then your enter your login/password and youā€™re good to go

1 Like

Hello Thomas,
I copied the vaillant folder, I restarted the server but I do not find vaillant in configuration > integrations :-/
In configuration > integration I have:

Is it possible to create a second multimatic user? When using the serial number of the vr920 to create a second account, it says that this serial number is already registered :sob:

By the way Iā€™m using
Home Assistant 2021.1.1
Frontend version: 20201229.1 - latest
Hacs 1.9.0 frontend 20201205162459

Hello Ludovic, you could try to ā€œreload the ressourcesā€ and search again for vaillant integration.

What do you mean by creating a new user ? If you want to create a new user you have to do it through the multimatic app (android/ios).

Hello,
It work!
It appeared today :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I had troubles to add a user in the multimatic app. Done
Last question: is it possible to force a special mode like in the app: away, stop, heat the water,ā€¦?
Thanks

yes sure, you can check:

1 Like

Hello,
Iā€™m quite new on editing the dashboard but Iā€™m still trying.
I created a button based on what I think is the variable for the water heater boost.
In the multimatic there is a mode that force the boiler for one hour.
I get an error message from ha.
I do not see a lot of available vaillant entries in the buttons options. Maybe I use the wrong button object or the wrong variable.
Also in the history log I do not see anything about the boiler
Have a nice day,
Ludo

It sounds like a bug in HA (or at least lack of consistency between doc and implementation), according to the doc, there is only 3 services available for water heater: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/water_heater/. So water heater is not supposed to handle turn_on and turn_off. You could use water_heater.set_away_mode instead.

In order to set a quick mode, you can use provided vaillant service: https://github.com/thomasgermain/vaillant-component#provided-services, vaillant.set_quick_mode

Maybe Iā€™m doing something wrong but a button on the quick mode isnā€™t the right move.
Are you sure the quick mode is linked to the water boiler and not heater?