Valetudo: Useful blueprints for your vacuum robots

I’ve created some blueprints for integrating Valetudo with Home Assistant: GitHub - mundschenk-at/ha-valetudo-blueprints: Blueprints for using Valetudo with Home Assistant

Changelog

• 2024-08-10:
    • The map image is now also included as an image attachment for Android devices.
  • 2024-05-11:
    • No notifications are sent when a task is resumable (e.g. when the robot returns to the dock for mop cleaning or recharging).
    • Added another check against invalid template rendering when using solely a notify group.
  • 2022-11-26:
    • Fixed error Template rendered invalid service: notify. when not using a notify group.
  • 2022-08-20:
    • automation/valetudo-notifications.yaml:
      • Optional dashboard URL added.
      • Fixed warning Passing templates to notify service is deprecated.
  • 2022-07-31:
    • automation/valetudo-notifications.yaml :
      • Assigning multiple devices for notifications now works correctly (even without using a group).
  • 2022-07-05:
    • automation/valetudo-notifications.yaml :
      • Multi-language support added (currently: English and German).
  • 2022-07-04:
    • Initial release.
9 Likes

Hey there!
Great work! Thanks for sharing.
I’ve tried the send command and clean rooms blueprint but I don’t know how to correctly set it up (it does nothing).
What do I have to type on " Robot

The MQTT handle of the robot." ?

What you have set up in the MQTT Connectivity settings of Valetudo (specifically, the “Identifier” field).

1 Like

Great! Thanks for that.
I did type the correct MQTT handle.

In the second script I provided the correct requirements but still when I run the script it doesn’t do anything!

Did you provide at least one valid room? You have to run the script via the developer tools, doing it from the scripts pane will use an empty string for the rooms list.

@manosioa, have you been able to get the script to work? If not, I’d be interested in the trace report to see what went wrong.

Yes! It worked flawlessly!

Great job btw and thank you so much!

1 Like

This looks very interesting!
I’m unable to create an automation for Notifications, I get the following error:

Blueprint Valetudo: Notifications generated invalid automation with inputs OrderedDict([(‘vacuum’, ‘vacuum.valetudo_narrowwiseseal’), (‘rendered_map’, ‘camera.valetudo_narrowwiseseal_map_data’), (‘error_message’, ‘sensor.valetudo_narrowwiseseal_error_description’), (‘notify_device’, [‘d880f0da29d45ad87dedf74aeb302bcc’, ‘d014362b1a2b8d68aac0a3e5a71750ff’, ‘5e2797574cb18d87db3a31a8a058a345’]), (‘notify_group’, ‘notify’)]): value should be a string for dictionary value @ data[‘action’][0][‘choose’][0][‘sequence’][0][‘device_id’]. Got None

Blueprint configuration:

EDIT:

Appears to be unrelated (maybe?) to the blueprint and looks like an issue with 2 of the devices on the list. I can only add the 2nd iPhone as target, whenever I add the other ones I get the error

I’ll have to debug this - it looks like there’s an issue in the blueprint when you add multiple devices. For the meantime, I suggest using the notification group feature. You can create a notify group entity and input the name in the “Notification Group” field (just the name part, not the notify domain!). For example, for notify.everyone you’d use everyone as the field value.

If you don’t use a notification group, just leave the field blank.

1 Like

I’ve just published a new version of the automation blueprint that should fix the issue with multiple notification devices.

1 Like

With the new version of automation/valetudo-notifications.yaml, you can assign a custom dashboard URL that is launched when tapping the notification.

The map data (mqtt.camera entity) is not working as intended. I only have the boilerplate image in my notifications.

Looking at the blueprint code, I believe this should not just happen to me. There is no particular part handling the Valetudo map json, right?

You need I Can’t Believe It’s Not Valetudo for this to work (and enable ICBINV in the MQTT auto-discovery section of Valetudo). @poeschl has created a HA add-on for it.

1 Like

Works like a charm now. Thanks for the hints!

1 Like

Question about this:

I installed the “Valetudo Map Card” HACS frontend lovelace modifier and I can see my map through it. Do these other map viewers provide any additional benefits/features that I’m missing with the frontend modifier I’m using?

I clicked your link (GitHub - Hypfer/ICantBelieveItsNotValetudo: A Valetudo companion service which renders maps to pngs) and it says it’s been archived in favor of something else called valetudopng. This valetudopng github page has links to SEVERAL alternatives and all of these seem to be doing the same thing…

Which one is the best/optimal one to be using?

Depends on your usecase. Personally, I have switched to valetudopng as it provides a native Docker build. I have not tested the alternative solutions. Technically, anything that provides a camera entity can be used.

I’m using GitHub - sca075/valetudo_vacuum_camera: Integration that export Valetudo Vacuums maps to Home Assistant because its just a simple HACS plugin instead of seperate service.
But I can’t get it to show images at all. I had to remove the “mqtt” filter for it to show up on the automation page, but no image in the cleaning finished notification.

Mhm sorry, I don’t have any direct experience with that. I might remove the filter from the blueprint (though I am a bit hesitant because it will then list all the camera entities), but if you already did that locally, I don’t know why the notification would not work. That integration does provide a camera entity and it does work on its own?

Yes it does work on its own, maybe the image notification of the ha app is not working? haven’t used it before.

I haven’t had such an issue reported before, so I assume it does work for both iOS and Android (I can only test iOS). Have you tried in your home network (to exclude any issues with remote access)?