Valetudo - Xiaomi Vacuum Dustcloud alternative, Live Maps

What does mosquitto_sub -t valetudo/# throw out ?

Where do I have to type it in? In ssh on the robot?
Sorry for my stupid question…

On your hass machine where u run mosquitto

I used the Hass.io AddOn SSH server and type in the command. I get this:

Error: Address not available

No sorry, when i try to open the page in a browser, it says:

ipaddress/api/remote/map not found

Of course i can see the the map on the main page. But I cannot call it via the api

The PNG-Map (Which was also used with MQTT) was depreciated with the 0.3.1 Update, as it forced the robot to crash repeatedly.

You will have to use the https://github.com/Hypfer/ICantBelieveItsNotValetudo to create the map on another client.

• This is a simple companion service for valetudo which does all the heavy lifting. Since both CPU and Memory are limited on the robot, PNG generation for third-party components has been moved here.

There are plans to create a lovelace card, whichs renders the map using the same logic which was used before, but run on your home assistant instance.

But this will take some time. Maybe somebody here could help Hypfer and create that lovelace card?

1 Like

Well it depends which version @0rn0lf is running.im.rinning version 0.30 and still use mqtt and never had problems with memory leak or something

OK, now I see. I’m running the latest version so the map isnt available anymore.

But how do I get it to work again. On hassio I cant install ‘ICantBelieveItsNotValetudo’ so I guess I need the docker container. But I’m unsure how to configure it correct. Can someone help me?

To get the controls working, I deleted this from my configuration.yaml

mqtt:
  discovery: true
  discovery_prefix: homeassistant

and used the integration page on hassio instead.

I have not tried the https://github.com/Hypfer/ICantBelieveItsNotValetudoyet for the map yet.
I will give it a try later after work.

Keep me posted

And did you also install the mosquitto broker addon in Hass.io? And type in the same username and password?

Thank you

yes i did,
i also have a password for Valetudo set in my hassio mosquito addon.

Thank you! Now IT works!

Hi all,

I’m running vanilla home assistant on docker (so no hass.Io) and I have trouble using mqtt with valetudo. Until now I used yaml for mqtt config, but following @Sebastien_Couture remark I switched to the web-ui configuration.

The mqtt integration page remains empty. My config file is the same as @Marius82 (exept IP/credentials of course:

{
“spots”: ,
“areas”: ,
“mqtt”: {
“enabled”: false,
“identifier”: “rockrobo”,
“topicPrefix”: “valetudo”,
“autoconfPrefix”: “homeassistant”,
“broker_url”: “mqtt://local-user:[email protected]”,
“mapSettings”: {
“drawPath”: true,
“drawCharger”: true,
“drawRobot”: true,
“border”: 2,
“scale”: 4
}
},
“dummycloud”: {
“spoofedIP”: “203.0.113.1”,
“bindIP”: “127.0.0.1”
},
“map_upload_host”: “http://127.0.0.1”
}

I can successfuly get map data from the robot on nodered, so I guess the Mqtt component is fine on the robot itself. My issue is most probably related to home assistant mqtt config.

→ What could be the cause of this issue ? Thanks for any help you can provide !

Change

“mqtt”: {
“enabled”: false,

to true

Thanks for you answer !
My bad, I copied what was above thinking it was the same config as mine. Mqtt is already enabled on my end.

I can listen to events in nodered, therefore I think it’s correctly set up on the robot

Example of map data retrieved by nodered via mqtt

-> Is the robot supposed to “appear” on the mqtt tab of HA whithout me doing anything else ?

Hi @Vlavonvidden,
In my case it just appears as vacuum.rockrobo in my entities.
Not in the mqtt integration page.

@Sebastien_Couture thanks that was it ! Guess I’m just dumb afterall !

It took me a while to get this robot working in HA, glad I can help other people save some time.

I finally have the map working using this code in docker,

although I had some problems mapping the configuration file in the container.
(Probably something wrong with my mapping command)
I was using this

docker container run -it --rm p 3000:3000 -v $PWD/config.json:app mapclient

and I kept getting

invalid configuration file, using default configuration…

Instead I entered my mqtt info in the default configuration before building the image. (/lib/configuration.js)
And then ran
docker container run -it --rm p 3000:3000 mapclient

Now that it’s working, I get a new entity in HA called camera.rockrobo_map.