Home Assistant Community

Valetudo - Xiaomi Vacuum Dustcloud alternative, Live Maps

Yes correct, I put username root and nothing in password. It does later ask for the password but not asks to convert

Can confirm S50 firmware 1780 with a patched rrlogd has persist map. No more 500 errors when in charge mode.

1 Like

Putty needs the private key, id_rsa, not id_rsa.pub . The id_rsa.pub should have been patched into your firmware file when you rooted the robot.The openSSH server on the robot verifies a challenge signed with id_rsa using id_rsa.pub. Hope this helps.

1 Like

The guys over at Valetudo have released quite a big update, with better Map View, Carpet mode etc.

I have just reflashed Rosie to the newer firmware 1792, just remember firmwares above 1518 need the rrlogd patching on the Gen2.

?? version 0.2 beta was released 19 days ago :frowning:

It’s a heads up for people who might not track the GitHub. No one has posted on this thread in 2 months.

1 Like

ahh :wink: got it

Hi thanks for bringing this up.

I rooted now long ago, and I forgot which user password I used (lol) … I can access with SSH the vacuum, but login … any idea on what my options are?

If you just want to update and you can still log in through SSH follow:

Otherwise just create new SSH Keys and re-perform the firmware build / flash.
You just need to know your IP address of the Vacuum and your access token.
I had to perform this last night as I had lost my SSH key.

As per

Will do as a last resort.

Default User should be root correct? Is there any default password in installation?

root is correct. Your password is what ever you setup when creating your SSH Key.

Luckily to reupload new firmware you don’t need that information. You create a new Key while doing the firmware and then you upload it with the IP address and access token.

How did you get on @Klagio?

For those who don’t keep an eye on the Valetudo GitHub there have been a couple of releases over the past couple of days adding MQTT support.

2 Likes

I just rooted and flashed Valetudo, it’s great so far, but I cannot get the map sensor to work, it show up in Home assistant but gives me an error:

Error getting new camera image: Cannot connect to host 192.168.0.103unknown:80 ssl:None [Name does not resolve]

I just copied your sensor.yaml en configuration.yaml and changed the name in both files.
any ideas?

Xiaomi / RoboRock s50 more sensor information

@n03xp3rt4tt4ll have you uploaded one of the newer packages with MQTT support as they deal with the Map in a different manner.

I have not upgraded to 0.3.0 yet my self as I have been too busy. But check out https://github.com/Hypfer/Valetudo/wiki/Home-Assistant-Integration it might help.

So i updated to the newest version to use MQTT but how can I implement the map now?
Is it still the same way to create a sensor and a camera or is it easier now?

Hi 0rn0lf,
Did you figure it out?
I would like to know that too.
I have all the mqtt controls in HA, but no map.
I’ve tried the sensor and camera image but without success.

How do you get the controls to HA with MQTT?

Thanks

Valetudo has mqtt auto discovery. Just adapt valetudo.conf to Our mqtt broker and it’ll be discoverd by hass

I installed the Mosquitto broker AddOn with this config:

{
  "logins": [{"username": "local-user", "password": "mypw"}],
  "anonymous": false,
  "quiet_logs": true,
  "customize": {
    "active": false,
    "folder": "mosquitto"
  },
  "certfile": "fullchain.pem",
  "keyfile": "privkey.pem"
}

Then I adapt the config.json file on the robot like this:

{
  "spots": [],
  "areas": [],
  "mqtt": {
    "enabled": false,
    "identifier": "rockrobo",
    "topicPrefix": "valetudo",
    "autoconfPrefix": "homeassistant",
    "broker_url": "mqtt://local-user:[email protected]",
    "mapSettings": {
      "drawPath": true,
      "drawCharger": true,
      "drawRobot": true,
      "border": 2,
      "scale": 4
    }
  },
  "dummycloud": {
    "spoofedIP": "203.0.113.1",
    "bindIP": "127.0.0.1"
  },
  "map_upload_host": "http://127.0.0.1"
}

But the vaccum entity doesn’t appear in HA. Is there something that I’ve missed?

Thank you