Velux Integration

Hi,

Just update to 2023.4.4 - after that the velux integration doesnt connect
anymore. did a reboot of HA and velux KLF200, but still doesnt work.
the KLF200 is online and the covers can be identified.

Any ideas what to do?

thanks for any help !

martin

I have the same kit and it’s working ok here. Anything in the logs?

Thanks for your answer, so there is hope :slight_smile:

I hope i found the right thing:

2023-04-16 17:18:59.176 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of velux is taking over 10 seconds.
2023-04-16 17:19:42.344 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Waiting on integrations to complete setup: velux
2023-04-16 17:19:49.216 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component velux
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 256, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velux/__init__.py", line 39, in async_setup
    await hass.data[DATA_VELUX].async_start()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velux/__init__.py", line 84, in async_start
    await self.pyvlx.load_scenes()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py", line 82, in load_scenes
    await self.scenes.load()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/scenes.py", line 51, in load
    await get_scene_list.do_api_call()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/api/api_event.py", line 21, in do_api_call
    await self.send_frame()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/api/api_event.py", line 33, in send_frame
    await self.pyvlx.send_frame(self.request_frame())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py", line 66, in send_frame
    await self.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py", line 43, in connect
    await self.connection.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyvlx/connection.py", line 86, in connect
    self.transport, _ = await self.loop.create_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1103, in create_connection
    transport, protocol = await self._create_connection_transport(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1133, in _create_connection_transport
    await waiter
ConnectionAbortedError: SSL handshake is taking longer than 60.0 seconds: aborting the connection

Can you help me with that ?

Thanks for your time !!!

Martin

Does your router show the klf200 connected to wi-fi with the same IP address as before i.e. as defined in configuration.yaml? The error suggests HA cant reach it.

moved to 2024.05.02 and getting this error:
SError: [Errno 113] Connect call failed (‘192.168.1.32’, 51200)

192.168.1.32 is my fixed ip to the klf200 since 3 years…never had this problem.
I restarted many times klf200 and HA, no way…

any suggestion?

From what I can tell, the Errno 113 has to do with connectivity to the address and port. Did I understand correctly from the other thread that you reverted back to 2024,4 and this made it work again? If yes, then this one may be a bit hard to debug. My only suggestions is that with 2024.5, is to ssh into HA and see if you can ping 192.168.1.32. If you can ping it, then… well …I don’t know. It could still be the same old problem with the KLF200 not accepting any more connections, but hard to tell.

thanks I’ll try

Hi, is there still an issue with the klf200?

Do you guys have the reboot KLF automation active?

For me, I use an automation on an HA Shutdown event to reboot the KLF200 using its service call. Been using it a long time. Every since I started using it, it has reduced the need to power-cycle the KLF to maybe a couple of times a year.

And do you use official integration or the Hacs one?

The official integration.

Do you also have blinds or only Veluw windows?
I have an issue that my blinds are not reporting the state correctly anymore, that are open , but HA is telling me they are closed… I use the custom one

I only have the Velux Skylight Shades

Ok, btw there is pyvlx 0.2.23 coming, then the reboot automation is not needed anymore, it’s already integrated in pyvlx itself