Velux KFL200 HA configuration

Hello,
I’m a real beginner. I need to connect to HA a Velux KLF 200 interface.
I’ve added to configuration.yaml the following lines:

velux:
  host: "192.168.90.37"
  password: "velux123"

Starting Home-Assistant I get the following error:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component velux
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 191, in _async_setup_component result = yield from component.async_setup(hass, processed_config)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/velux.py", line 34, in async_setup from pyvlx import PyVLXException
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pyvlx/__init__.py", line 1, in <module> from .pyvlx import PyVLX
  File "/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.4/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py", line 15
    async def connect(self):
            ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Can anyone suggestion any other ways to troubleshoot the problem please?
I’m using Hass.io 0.54.0.
Thanks in advance!

Maybe it’s because of Python 3.4? Asyncio requires 3.5 as far as I know…

Good point but looks like that asyncio module is part of the Python standard library since Python 3.4.

Do you think that I can give a try with Python 3.5 or newer release?
Thank you

I’m currently running Python 3.4.2

I’ve read somewhere that asyncio had problems prior 3.5. Hass.io is on 3.6 by default, upgrading it shouldn’t be hard, so yes, I would try this first…

I’m running HA on a Pi3 with Raspian Jessie. I will try to make it works on Raspian Stretch that include Python 3.5 natively.

You were right! I just finished a fresh install of Raspian Stretch on a Pi3 and with Python 3.5 now it is working well.
Thank you!

I have a KLR200 with the newest SW version, and I have made the changes to the configuration.yaml, I do not get any errors - that I know off (I’m new to Linux) so don’t know where to look. :slight_smile:

But nothing happens, how I’m I suppose to see the VELUX products are accessible from inside HA?

Hope anyone can help.

Hello
Did you create at least a scenario from the velux KLF web interface?

Hi guys.

Perfect thanks a lot. I now have the possibility to control the VELUX products from inside HA control panel,

To be correct you need to create programs inside the KLR 200, and then they will appear inside HA, as Scenes. I was not able to find any information about this in the documentation, maybe that would be relevant to include for future users.

Another Question, the Scenes does not seem to be available in HomeKit (Homebridge) is that a mistake, do I need to include something in the Homebridge config file, or what is the best approach for solving that task?

Solved = Restarted my Apple TV - now they are available trough Homebridge.

Hi @Daigaard

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am in the process of choosing a solution for my Velux window and looking at the scene activation for this component.

In terms of equipment, do you have both KLF 200 (IO gateway) and KLR 200 (remote)? Or just the KLR 200 for this setup to work?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply.

I have both the KLR200 from the initial installation of the VELUX products, and the KLF200 was added recently.

/Steffen

thanks for sharing.

No problem.

You actuality copy the products from the KLR200 into the KLR200. Then you create the Scenes in the KLF200 these scenes will then become available inside HA.

/Steffen

I added anke the scenes veux to HA but I do not find them in the homekit.

what did you have to do exactly for the integration?

Hi all,

Its is not directly to the integration into HA but Hardware-Related.

I had the Velux KLF 200 running since more then 1 year, but the Interface got faulty so I bought a new one.

Unfortunaltey I am not able to access the new one. If I connect it to Power it just shows a static yellow LED.
If I follow the “Factory Reset” Guide (10 sec Reset Button) it does the same.
If I just press the Factory Reset Button for a second then the LED starts blinking in yellow.

But I cannot see the SSID of the Velux, nor it will request an IP via the Ethernet Interface.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Johannes

I moved from Tahoma box to Velux KLF200 in order to get rid of somfy servers. I could transfer all my devices (9 shutters and 4 exterior venetian blinds) quickly and control them (open and close). Actually the API specification allow nearly everything to control, but the current implementation of pyvlx provides not all functions. One lovely feature I’m missing is the control of the tilt of the blinds. So I would much appreciate if someone could support to modify pyvlx in that way that it would be able to control also the functional parameter in order to allow hassio to control all parameter of io-homecontrol devices. Also would be great if the complete velux integration would be part of home-assistant and not just a bridge to pyvlx package.

1 Like

Any update on this?

Can tilting be added to velux component?

I managed to add the tilt function, however at the moment only with my custom component, see link below. I simply don’t have the time to update the official component at the moment.