VELUX KLF 200 pairing with Somfy IO motors and remotes

hi, i know we can use this integration in HA
but does anyone know if we can use the KLF with Rest API commands, like Curl ?
anyone got an example?

you could check out the source code of the pyvlx libraries

Not so familiar with coding :frowning:

I want to migrate covers from somfy connexoon to KLF200. The guide from Spigot requires a remote control which I do not have. Is it still possible to register motors in KLF200 and how? Anyone tried that?

Just to answer my question on if a remote controler is needed for the migration: No, Somfy Android application can do the same thing. Migration was as easy as a breeze.

I’ve 10 Somfy Shutters with Somfy Oximo io Motor and using the Smoove Origin io switch for each separate shutter.

Unfortunately it not sufficient for pairing! I had to use the tahoma box and export the key to the Velux KFL-200

The Network Connection of the KFL 200 cost a lot of nerves as it wasnt stable at all connecting it directly to a Fritz Box Router. As i also had a Netgears unmanage switch, the connection is stable and sync with 1Gbit instead of 10Mbit ( fritz ) .

Pairing was easy, either straight after exporting the key run the discover and it will sync with the tahoma box detecting all devices at once, or use the ‘prog’ key on one of the hand switches.

@PX80 I’m about to move to this Velux KLF 200 too and I have exactly your situation: Somfy Motors and Smoove Origin io switches.
What are you exactly referring to when you say “exporting the key”? Is this downloading a file from the Tahoma Box (if so, how) or is this in the webinterface over Tahomalink? There I have three options:

• Send security key (to a remote control)
  • Receive security key (from a remote control)
  • Generate new security key

Assuming you were referring to “send security key” from the web interface, is that correct?

Good Morning, you will have to log into the Tahomalink Website and from their dashboard yu can “Send security key (to a remote control)”. Then you have ~10min to press the “key” button on the KFL200. You will then get a message on the Somfy Website, that the key has been transmitted. Then simply search for new products on the KFL200

Let me know if this worked for you

Thanks, I will give that a try as soon as the KLF200 is setup and running.
Once the devices have been added to KLF200, are they still listed in Tahoma? Meaning, can they be controlled by KLF200 and Tahoma or just by KLF200 thereafter?

Cheers

Hello Fair,

at least the config is stored on both. Not sure if you can control them both simultaniously.

Let us know :wink:

Cheers, i have 13 shutter blinds with remotes IO. I am now planning to buy KLF 200, i hope it still work localy with HASS :slight_smile: Please somebody comment if its okay.
Thank you

It works with HA, but not 100% , there are issued with the connections, sometimes the klf needs to be rebooted… Best to plug it in with a smart switch

1 Like

got it, how often approx. ?

From time to time :slight_smile:
It could be once a day, it could be once a month… And anything in between.
I have never really understood what kind of events make it fail. Just bad luck, I guess.

1 Like

Thank you for headsup guyz <3

Yeah, if you run an automation to reboot the KLF upon restart HA , it’s better

1 Like

i figured the KLF200 is only unreliable on certain network configuration. I’ve connected it to a unmanged netgear switch and havent had an outage for about a week. when it was directly connected to my router i had to reboot multiple times per day.

It’s not network related , the issue is with the KLF itself and bad API

Agreed.

The KLF200 is a bit temperamental. Without changing anything, it can work for a month and then, for three days, you have to restart it once a day. So, as suggested, mine is connected to a managed plug and then when it fails off/on and go to go for an unknown duration. Otherwise, it is great to open your velux through automation…

1 Like

I am thinking though to go easier/cheaper way?

As i have several RPI B, laying around.