VELUX KLF 200 pairing with Somfy IO motors and remotes

I tested the integration for a week now. so far so good, but one big pain point is the following:
When closing the cover(s), either via close_cover or set_cover_position with 0%, the covers do close, however some of them (but not all!) then open their tilt to 100% once the cover has reached the 0%/closed position.

All motors are identical (Somfy J4).
With the Tahoma integration, closing covers is not a problem at all.

Anyone else with this issue?

what is meant by tilt? i see that the covers do not have the same initial position - this may need to be configured with the somfy remote -

The cover moves down, but once down/closed, it changes its tilt / inclined position to open
Cover: 0%
Tilt: 100% (opposed to be 0%)

interesting. i do not experience this situation

Morning, unfortunaltey my HA Install crashed and i had to start from scratch.
This is more a KFL200 related question. How can i enable the AP and set the password for the API?

Not sure what you are trying Todo? But if you reboot the KLF, it will setup a temp hotspot where you can connect to with wifi, then you can configure stuff

1 Like

thx. i remember thats the way to go.

Hello
I also bought a Velux KLF200 to integrate some Somfy motors in our house in my Home assistant setup. But for some reason the KLF200 doesn’t detect the motors. I followed the steps above but to no avail.
The strange thing is that I already had the klf200 unit replaced, because the first one detected 3 out of 4 motors and i was advised to factory reset the unit to get the 4th motor detected. After this reset nothing got detected anymore, so i got a replacement. But the replacement also doesn’t detect anything.
Is someone experiencing the same or does someone have an idea what might be interfering with the signals so that the klf can’t detect the motors.
I’m aware this is not really a HA question, but here I found a group of people with this KLF200 unit. Any pointers on where the question might be more appropriate are also welcome

Hello Guy,

it depends on the Controls you use or if you Copy from Tahoma. I used standard IO Switches which doesnt support KLF200 out of the box, so i had to configure with Tahoma first, then copy over to KLF200

I only have 2 one-way remotes for the blinds, a situo 5 io pure and a situo1 io pure. As mentioned earlier, with the first unit i managed to link 3 out of 4 motors, but after a reset I was unable to relink any of the motors.
I don’t have io switches or a Tahoma.
It would be a huge coincidence if the new unit is also broken. It’s as if the 868Mhz receiver is failing.
I would also like to mention I have some Z-wave devices that communicate through a usb dongle, could it be possible that (since they use the same frequency) they interfere with each other?

Thinking to buy this klf200 too
I read different stuff.
Is it stable now to integrate into HA?
I have a renson terrace roof which i want to control this way

Stable, i start the gateway with automation when I restart HA, then it’s good to go

Ok i just bought a velux klf200
I only have a situo 5 io pure remote

I follow the steps from post 8 from spigot?

Anyone?

Then how do i get this all into HA?

Ok i managed everything i think.
Is it normal i dont see the integration of the velux component on the integration page?

I also have 2 ledstrips that i can dim with the remote, is this also possible? how should i do this? up & down for the ligt?

Just add light card?
Also this is my restart automation, is that good?

- id: 'Overkapping reboot gateway'
  alias: KLF reboot bij HA stop event
  description: Herstart the KLF200 gateway om een SSL Handshake issue te voorkomen
  trigger:
    - platform: homeassistant
      event: shutdown
  action:
    - service: velux.reboot_gateway

indeed, i dont see velux either, automation is good!
no idea about lights

1 Like

Ok got it all setup and working

It seems that my 2 ledstrips are added separately.
When i use my remote to turn on the light, both immediately turn on.
However for this integration i had to make a light group, to put in both ledstrips
When i turn it on via HA, the first ledstrip turns on then after 5 sec , the seconds one turns on, theres quite a delay

Any idea why is that?

I’m also using the shutter card for my screen
However, i have another “cover”, but in fact it are rotating lamellen…

Like this in the picture

So the bars rotate, it would be cool if something is possible like the shutter card but then like on the pic.

Is there any card out there to be like this?

Looks expensive, sorry can’t help :+)

It is lol
But its so nice !
On other forum, they tell me to put the lamps in a scene.
If i add a scene in the velux stuff… will i be still able to dim the lights/scene?

Anyone know how i get into the velux setup again, cause i shut down the wireless network (always no power), and its only connected through lan…
If i enter the ip, i cant log in, and the wifi network isnt there anymore

yes, the wifi is only active for a few minutes after a reboot :slight_smile:
so only then you can configure it, thats normal