Velux KLF200 (SSL handshake is taking longer than 60.0 seconds)

Hi there, unfortunately I have had a problem with the velux KLF200 since the update to 2022.3. I have already reset the KLF and set everything up again. A restart doesn’t help either. I know that “SSL handshake is taking longer than 60.0 seconds: aborting the connection” is a known KLF bug. Unfortunately, all the solutions in the forum have not changed anything. does anyone have the same problem or can help me?

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/velux/__init__.py:84 
First occurred: 09:51:14 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 09:51:14

Error during setup of component velux
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 235, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velux/__init__.py", line 39, in async_setup
    await hass.data[DATA_VELUX].async_start()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/velux/__init__.py", line 84, in async_start
    await self.pyvlx.load_scenes()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py", line 80, in load_scenes
    await self.scenes.load()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/scenes.py", line 51, in load
    await get_scene_list.do_api_call()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/api/api_event.py", line 21, in do_api_call
    await self.send_frame()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/api/api_event.py", line 33, in send_frame
    await self.pyvlx.send_frame(self.request_frame())
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py", line 66, in send_frame
    await self.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/pyvlx.py", line 43, in connect
    await self.connection.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pyvlx/connection.py", line 87, in connect
    self.transport, _ = await self.loop.create_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1081, in create_connection
    transport, protocol = await self._create_connection_transport(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1111, in _create_connection_transport
    await waiter
ConnectionAbortedError: SSL handshake is taking longer than 60.0 seconds: aborting the connection

Just to provide feedback, I’m not having this issue for 2022.3.3.
It has been a long while since it happened to me, but I think I had to power cycle the KLF200 and HA reboot around 3 times to get it to work again (otherwise, only 1 power cycle is about all that it takes for me).

I’ve restarted both a few times. Unfortunately no success. :unamused:

Just restarted hassio. KLF connected with no problems. Unfortunately no idea why it suddenly works. :man_shrugging:

Unfortunately I still get this error. Even restarting Hassio and the KLF200 multiple times didn’t do anything. Does anyone have a solution?

I’m having exactly the same issue. For me rebooting the KLF200 mostly helps, but a more permanent solution would be helpful.

Hi All,

I received my KLF200 last week :slight_smile:.

I do not manage to get it work. I have restarted hundreds times HA and the KLF200 but i still get the error “SSL handshake is taking longer than 60.0 seconds”. One after the other, at the same time, etc … but nothing helps. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. And even when I get it to work after several reboots of both HA and the KLF, it fails after a day or two.
I’m not going to restart both of them every day for several times hoping it works.

For now it’s back to the remote control

Too bad, it was a good implementation.

Updated to version 2022.7.0 today. Suddenly the connection went again for the first time since March. I’m curious if it stays that way.

I have the same issue on HA 2023.1.7.

I can not confirm. it works for me. also in 2023.3.0