Venstar T6800 thermostat not seen by HA

Hi all,

Bought a used Venstar T6800. Runs API 5. Firmware version is 4.08 (latest for this model).
Local API is on. Getting the following when running the simple http://192.168.1.5 (thermostat address):
{"api_ver":5,"type":"commercial"}

to test API ran the following: http://192.168.1.5/query/info and the response was
{"name":"HOME","mode":1,"state":0,"fan":1,"fanstate":0,"tempunits":1,"schedule":0,"schedulepart":255,"holiday":0,"override":0,"overridetime":0,"forceunocc":0,"spacetemp":22.5,"heattemp":20.0,"cooltemp":29.0,"cooltempmin":1.5,"cooltempmax":37.0,"heattempmin":1.50,"heattempmax":37.0,"setpointdelta":1.0,"availablemodes":2}

Perhaps someone will find it useful, but API did not respond at all when there was a space in the name. So the above shows that local API works.

My entry in the config is:

climate:
  - platform: venstar
    host: 192.168.1.5
    ssl: false
    timeout: 5
    humidifier: false

The error I am getting is:

2019-09-12 23:17:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] venstar: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 292, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 441, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/venstar/climate.py", line 98, in update
    info_success = self._client.update_info()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/venstarcolortouch/venstarcolortouch.py", line 140, in update_info
    self.away = self.get_info("away")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/venstarcolortouch/venstarcolortouch.py", line 179, in get_info
    return self._info[attr]
KeyError: 'away'

Any pointers on how to possibly fix this would be highly appreciated. I understand that the component wiki says it was tested with firmware 5 and possibly this ‘away’ variable exists there, but I was hoping that perhaps there is something I can do to make this work.

Thanks in advance!

For anyone having a similar problem, I created a custom_component that does the job

Can you modify the precision section return “precision_halves” ?

See my earlier request

That would be awesome…

thanks

I am sorry it took forever.
Was forced to update ClimateDevice to ClimateEntity due to changes in Hassio
and also update precision from whole to halves.
All works fine on Home Assistant 0.110.5