Vent-axia Svara (App controlled extractor fan)

Good evening,

Currently looking at purchasing an extactor fan and have seen the Vent-axia Svara which has its own app to control it via Bluetooth.

I have Home assistant and also smartthings, just wondering whether there would be anway of integrating this at all before I purchase.

Here is a link with some details

https://www.vent-axia.com/news/svara-videos

Any help /advice greatly appreciated

Am considering buying one tonight and thinking the same thing. Any news from anyone?

The Vent-Axia looks like it’s the same unit as the PAX Calima unit from Sweden.

There is a python based project on Github called pycalima using BluePy.

Description:
This module provides a very simple interface against the various GATT characteristics of the Calima fan, most importantly it handles the authentication so values are actually persisted within the fan.

I’ve been eyeing this as a possible solution to getting the unit incorporated into my system. However, it hasn’t been necessary, because the units have a built in humidity sensor and run quite happily along. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I was also looking at the Vent-axia. I’ve seen good reviews. Did you guys proceed and get it working?

anyone got this integrated with HA successfully?

1 Like

Yeah, i have 2 … would be great to get them in…

I don’t know if this is what anyone is looking for but it might help if indeed the fan is basically the Pax Calima

1 Like

I just got one of these fans and can confirm it works fine with the Pax Calima integration I linked above!

I need to install it properly and make sure it’s a-ok before i commit to buying another, but so far so good.

I just paired my two Vent-Axia SVARA fans with Home Assistant using repo above.
Just need to add it as HACS custom repo and it works fine.

For best experience fans must be installed with constant electric supply.

1 Like

Glad you got it working. Can I ask, have you ever had an issue with the fans dropping their Bluetooth connection.

After being on for about a day the fan stops broadcasting it’s Bluetooth

I’m trying to use this with a Vent-axia multihome AEC MEV unit, I’ve paired it on the mobile app, but it pairs without a pin-code (although if i try to pair on my phone it asks for one) anyone been able to get theirs working?

Thanks you! Mine is also 2oeking! What a relief finally. :grin:

Mine are pretty stable.

Hmm interesting. I’ve improved my situation by removing it from the Vent-Axia app so fingers crossed.

1 Like

Same here, I’ve got a sentinel mev with Bluetooth. The vent axia app works ok but I can’t connect anything outside the app to it. If anyone know the pairing key then I’d love to have a go at creating an integration for this.

Edit: I manged to bond nRF connect app on my mobiles to me MEV using key 1234567

For some reason my HA does not find the Axia Svara vent. Even when trying to add with mac-aadress and pin.
Raspberry Pi4B if this matters.

I’m having an issue where it’s not detecting the vent axia automatically.

Can someone help me find out how to find the MAC address and PIN code?

Thanks!

1 Like

This repo worked like charm for me… GitHub - eriknn/ha-pax_ble: Home Assistant component for Pax Calima bluetooth-enabled fans.

You can add it via HACS. Just add it as a custom repository integration and install it normally.

From there PAX integration becomes available in your devices where you can add the device.
You’ll have to get the MAC address and PIN code from the device. Just pull the fan out of the device (make sure you turn the power off just in case) and you’ll find them on the right connector leg.

I have 26 entities available along with the humidity, lux, rpm, boost mode and a lot of configuration options. It might even be more useful than the app on your phone.

1 Like

I installed the custom repository in HA, but when I try to add the device cannot be found. I’m running HA on Synology. The fan is using Bluetooth, do I need to take more action like a Bluetooth dongle to connect with the fan in HA on Synology?

Hi when I try to add my vent axia svara fan I get the message: failed to connect (see picture, I deleted the mac and pincode after the failed to connect message). I ve used the mac adress which is on the device, next to the pincode. The message in the log is that it cant find the mac adress. Is there something I can do about this? thanks!