I am controlling my CA350 Luxe ventilation system over RS232. I hacked an esp8266 (eps-01) chip together with a cheap step down module (12V to 3.3V) an a super small RS232-to-TTL module. Wrapped all parts with some shrink tubes and now it hides behind my CCEase controller in the wall. It’s powered directly from the ventilation system.
This setup provides me with a telnet server on the esp-01 to have a transparent wifi-to-RS232 bridge. I can send commands from my Linux box to my CA350 or use my simple python script to turn things on an off or read some data. E.g. I can read firmware version and temperatures and write the ventilation levels from 0 to 3 (off to high). With this it’s easy to setup some HASS switches etc. to do basic things.
I did a lot of research and came to the point where I understood that I am not able to write a good component for HASS. I’am far a way from being a programmer or engineer. It makes no sense to invest more time to create a half-assed version of something that needs a solid base.
I want to provide as much information about my setup and the CA350 / 500 and it’s protocols as I have gathered to you.
What the home assistant community needs is a programmer that has the time and the passion to create a solid component. Is someone out there?
Here I will list all links / photos / infos I have:
Related ventilation systems:
- https://github.com/jcoenencom/raspVMC (already existing project for fhem, big, complex, I’m not able to lane at the right place)
- https://github.com/michaelarnauts/comfoconnect/blob/master/PROTOCOL.md (description of the ComfoControl protocol)
- https://www.symcon.de/forum/threads/15495-Zehnder-ComfoAir-350-über-RS232-anbinden (discussion in german about controlling CA350 / protocoll)
- https://www.promixis.com/forums/showthread.php?18946-Control-protocol-StorkAir-WHR950 (discussion about StorkAir WHR950)
- https://www.zehnder-systems.ch/de/downloads/csy (Zehnder website to download manuals / NO infos about protocols)
- http://www.knxlogic.eu/product/comfoway_de/ (infos about the ComfoWay software, proprietary and high priced)
- https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/tree/master/bundles/binding/org.openhab.binding.comfoair (openhap bindings, impressive project, many details about protocols)
- https://github.com/smarthomeNG/plugins/blob/master/comfoair/commands.py (Plugin for SmarthomeNG)
Open problems concerning Hardware:
How to switch CCEase off and esp-01’s RS232 module on by esp-01?
Open problems concerning software:
Someone there to write a component?
Commands to control exhaust and intake air ventilation separately?
CA350 ventilation system
I will clean up this post as soon as I have the time to.
Pictures / schematics of my setup (esp-01, stepdown,RS232-to-TTL) will follow soon.
Sorry for now!