Vera & Aeotec minimote

I’ve moved all of my z-wave devices from Aeotec USB stick to a vera. Has anyone configured a minimote to control stuff in home assistant instead of the vera scenes?

While on the USB stick I could set the Minimote into change parameter 250 to (decimal) 1. Then I could setup home assistant to detect the zwave scene and trigger a script instead.

So now that zwave is on the vera I don’t know of a way for home assistant to know about a button press. The minimote appears as an object in HA, sensor.bedroom_minimote_86 but has unknown status. It works perfectly in vera so I know it is included. I poked around to see if I can run a curl command but didn’t find anything.

Have messaged you regarding this Keith

When you press the button on the minimote it will momentarily show the number as odd or even, depending on short and long press.

This is brilliant! Thank you grantc!

Mind sharing what you did?

Hello. grantc sent me the solution in a message. It’s below. Hopefully grantc won’t mind, there is no personal info. You might want to fix the quotes when working with the sample below.

Hi Keith,

Using Vera the same as you are - the device/s should show in HA as sensors

this is an example of how I get mine to work. The one 1-7 value in the template are the buttons i.e odd numbers are short presses, evens 2-8 are long presses for which I have not automations set up.

cheers

alias: ‘Grant Bed Lamp - White’
trigger:
platform: template
value_template: “{% if is_state(‘sensor.white_minimote_203’, ‘1’) %}true{% endif %}”
action:
service: switch.toggle
entity_id: switch.grant_lamp_21

alias: ‘Rose Bed Lamp - White’
trigger:
value_template: “{% if is_state(‘sensor.white_minimote_203’, ‘3’) %}true{% endif %}”
action:
entity_id: switch.rose_lamp_22

alias: ‘Bed Lamp - White’
trigger:
value_template: “{% if is_state(‘sensor.white_minimote_203’, ‘5’) %}true{% endif %}”
action:
entity_id: switch.bed_lamp_19

alias: ‘Coffee - White’
trigger:
value_template: “{% if is_state(‘sensor.white_minimote_203’, ‘7’) %}true{% endif %}”
action:
    entity_id: switch.coffee_38