Vera Plus Z-wave Hub stops updating home assistant with sensors status

Apparently there are differences, either between devices, or between firmware versions, which make interfacing inconsistent.

I donā€™t know if itā€™ll help, but since results seem to vary for everyone, we could try collecting configuration information as a poll. Donā€™t know how well itā€™ll work, but Iā€™ve created a google sheet for people to add their info to:

I upgraded my Hassio instance from 0.94.1 to 0.97.2 today and confirmed the Vera integration is still broken (all my Fibaro and Aeotec motion sensors, switches not reporting their states/measurements to HA). Nothing unusual reported in the logs.

My VeraPlus firmware version is 1.7.4453.

@mrand, I updated the spreadsheet you created with the zwave devices I have connected to my Vera unit. All of them work in HA 0.97.1 (proper status in HA); seems like 0.97.2 breaks this.

@inthehoose, rolling back to HA version 0.97.1 will fix your problem. If you are using HassOS; you can do this using the SSH addon (hassio homeassistant update --version 0.97.1)

Before I saw your advice, I had restored from backup down to 0.94.1 then upgraded to 0.97.1 as per your post. Unfortunately, the sensors are still not updatingā€¦

FYI I am running HassOS on an RPI model 3b+

@inthehoose, I am running HassOS 2.12, HA 0.97.1 (supervisor 173) on a virtual environment, and it is working properly. Prior to that, I know that HassOS 2.12 HA 0.96.5 (supervisor 172, 170) where also working properly. I do not have any zwave motion detectors (seems like that is your main issue), but all other devices on my zwave network are working properly on either of the 2 versions listed above.

same here - running version 0.97.2 - sensors are not being updated :frowning:

+1
I can control my Vera lights from Home Assistant (0.97.2), but I donā€™t get any status updates. E.g., if I turn on a light via Vera, it still appears to be off in HA. This is a critical failure.

I can be added to the growing list. Have just upgraded from 0.96.5 to 0.97.2 for the second time (thought it was something on my end) and I loose all communications from Vera3 to HA.

Vera controller is fine still but HA shows no vera connected devies functioning.

Rolled back again as cant afford time or $$$ atm to replace some of my legacy Zwave kit.

My reply is maybe not very helpful and Iā€™m not using Vera components but Iā€™m seeing the same behavior with my SMA solaredge and meross power plugs (both http services (webconnect)). After a ā€œlongā€ timeout (solar Edge lost WiFi signal or Internet connection to Meross cloud down) the device recovers but HA 0.97 wonā€™t update the sensor anymore until I restart HAā€¦ Very annoying.

Same here. Perfect behaviour with 0.97, after upgrading to 0.97.2 no sensor updates in HA anymore, while at the Vera console everything is fine. Iā€™m using Sensative strips (Z Wave Plus) for light and temperature measurement.

Actually I also tried to upgrade the pyvera component form 0.3.3 to 0.3.4, because I read there is a bug related to this problem, but it did not help.

Hereā€™s a ā€œfixā€:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/24987#issuecomment-520388116

Change this code on line 98 of /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyvera/subscribe.py:
device_list = self._devices.get(device_id, ())
to:
device_list = self._devices.get(int(device_id), ())

1 Like

Upgrading from pyvera 0.3.3 to 0.3.4 did work, I just forgot to restart HA with hass --skip-pip. It actually does the casting fix in line 98.

Can you please let us know how to update pyvera ? Iā€™m using hassio on proxmox, any idea how i can upgrade pyvera?

Thank you

Iā€™m not using containers right now, but a simple installation on MacOS. In my case it is just ā€œpip3 install --upgrade pyveraā€ and then restart HA with the --skip-pip option. If you use containers you need to rebuild the image, I have no experience with that. But if you wait for HA 0.98, it will include the latest pyvera I presume.

Newbie hereā€¦ I have searched through the Configurator and WinSCP and I canā€™t find the pyvera folder. WinSCP does not even show the python3.7 folder. I have searched the forums but havenā€™t been able to find the answer. Do I need to show hidden files or something?

Iā€™m not sure if everyone here is describing HomeAssistant running on hassio or on other platforms.
But in hassio the subscribe.py for pyvera is at this location /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyvera/subscribe.py

I was able to upgrade pyvera module using python3 1st to install pip,
hassio did not have pip command.
python3 -m pip install pip --upgrade pip

then
pip install --upgrade pyvera

Iā€™ve verified the file subscribe.py line 98 has the fix,
but restarting homeassistant made no difference.
on hassio there is no --skip-pip option when restarting homeassistant
from the command line, or at least I canā€™t find any.
this is the command Iā€™ve found on hassio

/usr/bin/hassio homeassistant restart

@pnakashian Thank you for the reply. I donā€™t have a python3.7 directory in /usr/lib. I do have one in /usr/local/lib but when I go into the site-packages folder I donā€™t have a pyvera folder. Maybe I donā€™t have the correct permissions to view the folder or the folder is located somewhere else? I didnā€™t need to install anything to get the Vera integration working. It just started working after I configured the Vera info in my configuration.yaml file. I am running Hassio on a Raspberry Pi and I installed it using the Hass.io image downloaded from the getting started page. I am on version 97.2.