Verisure 2.5.4 Looking for testers

Hi all

I’ve been working on some updates for the python-versure package. Verisure moved to a new GraphQL api. The ‘old’ REST api still works but is facing some issues.

It’s now time to update the HA verisure component.

Mouse detection

I’ve noticed from the component source code that it includes a mouse detection. Verisure informed me that they did offer those for a short period of time, but no longer, at least in the Netherlands. I don’t have any means to test this feature in the new api. I see no other way, then to remove the mouse sensor from the component for now. Let me know if you do have one of those mouse detectors and am willing to help out.

Temperature and Humidity

I personally don’t have any temperature or humidity sensors from Verisure, but they should work. Is anyone able and willing to test these for me?

If you could give me the output of below, that would be super helpfull!

# pip install vsure==2.5.4
import verisure

session = verisure.Session(USERNAME, PASSWORD)
session.login()
installations = session.get_installations()
session.set_giid(installations["data"]["account"]["installations"][0]["giid"])
print(session.request(session.climate()))

Authentication issue

There are a few users who have reached out regarding an authentication issue on the known issues page. In the component’s update data cycle, the cookie file is not renewed, but it does expire after 5 minutes, causeing the authentication error.

Also, in my development container, whenever I restart the server, the Verisure component has to be reinitialzed for it to work. I’m still looking into a fix for both.

The main reason to work on all these updates? The smart lock I have (DANALOCK) wasn’t showing up in HA. I’ve got that working in the python package so I would really like to get that working in HA.

1 Like

I’m running:

Home Assistant 2022.10.4
Supervisor 2022.10.0
Operating System 9.2
Frontend 20221010.0 - latest

I assume I’ll have to wait for the next core release to be able to test this, right?

You can test the new code by downloading the source code from the GitHub link above. Copy the verisure folder from within the components folder to your own custom_components folder.

Edit the manifest file and add version: "1.0.0" to the end, don’t forget the add a comma on the line above it.

Home Assistant will always prioritize integrations in custom_components over the core integration. Don’t forget to remove it once you are done testing; otherwise, you will be stuck on that version.

Got this error:

2022-10-17 14:57:34.022 ERROR (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] The custom integration 'verisure' does not have a version key in the manifest file and was blocked from loading. See https://developers.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/01/29/custom-integration-changes#versions for more details

Solved by doing exactly as the blog says.

However, the lock is not recognised. When looking at the diagnostics, it just says locks: {}, however, I also noticed that those same diagnostics contain

"requirements": [
      "vsure==1.8.1"
    ],

Shouldn’t that be 2.5.4? Where would I update that?

EDIT: Helps if I actually use the correct branch, of course…

EDIT 2: Once I have the correct version running, I’m hit by the authentication bug: verisure.session.ResponseError: Invalid response, status code: 401 - Data: {"errorGroup": "UNAUTHORIZED","errorCode": "AUT_00001","errorMessage": "Username/password does not match any valid login"}. Let me know if I can help with this in any way.

Yes, I’m looking into that.

Can you test it again please? You might need to remove / add the verisure integration the first time. Keeping in mind that you’ll have to add the version key to the manifest file.

I’ve updated the component as fas as i could. Because the new version is build on a new API, a reauthentication is required to create a new cookie.

I do not own any climate sensors from Verisure, so I’m looking for other people that do to test the new component for those climate sensors.

As of now, I’ve removed the Mouse detection sensor, I do not own one of those and I was told by a Verisure employee that those sensors aren’t in the market anymore. If there is anyone that does own a mouse sensor, let me know!

I added your update as a custom component and after re-authenticating, the smart lock popped up immediately. Thank you.

I also have the smoke detectors from Verisure. They also have temperature sensors in them. Do you mean these or are there separate temperature sensors?
For me, everything works as it should.

Hi Peter,

I wasn’t even aware of what device has the temperature and/or humidity sensors in them. Thank you for testing. Was there anything that you still miss?

Sorry for the late reply, was expecting an email on updates but didn’t get any. In any case, when I get the authentication error, should I just wait or do anything to solve it?

Hi. Thanks for the integration work!

For me everything seems to work fine. I get Yale lock visible and working and climate sensors work as well in Hass 2022.11.? (Latest). Authentication works after disabling without 2FA :frowning:

My problem is with HomeKit. Homekit brodge does not expose lock to HomeKit. It does with Verisure-Hoobs integration but not from HA. Do you think the issue is with Verisure -integration or Hass Homekit bridge?

Lock is selectable as included entity bit does not appear to Homekit.

Thanks!

Should also work with MFA enabled.

I tried enabling 2FA again and integration failed to login immediately. For me it seems to not work with 2FA.

Hoobs integration has a access token in use for Verisure. Code is in github so maybe there would be ideas on how to take that into use

You’ll need to remove an newly add the integration.