Verisure 2 step verification auth

Hello,

I just received a mail from verisure (Belgium):

Information to users with a third-party integration to Verisure
Our system indicates that you are using a third-party integration to connect to Verisure functionality. If this is not the case, you can ignore this email. Otherwise, please continue reading.

Third-party integrations are not an officially sanctioned way to connect to Verisure. However, we hope that you are happy with the functionality provided through MyPages and Verisure app and will continue to use it. This email contains instructions for how to use third-party integrations together with 2-step verification.

Our goal is to keep our customers safe and secure. This includes maintaining a high security level for your Verisure account and reduce the risk of unauthorized access.
In the next couple of weeks, we will therefor introduce 2-step verification for all logins to MyPages and the Verisure app.

Once 2-step verification is enabled for your account, you will need a one-time code in addition to your username and password.

Preparation for 2-step verification
Please complete the following steps to prepare for 2-step verification.
Go to Account in MyPages to check that your registered phone number is correct.
Make sure that all users with access to your Verisure system have their own Verisure account.
If there are users who share accounts, please ask the system owner or administrators to create individual accounts for them. This is done under Users in My Pages.

It is very important to have individual accounts with the correct phone number for each user. It ensures that the verification code is sent to the correct user and device at login.

If your alarm system is connected to the Verisure Monitoring Center, it also makes sure that the Verisure first responders can reach you in case of an emergency. This is especially important if you use mobile SOS services such as Verisure Guardian.

How does 2-step verification affect third-party integrations with Verisure?
When 2-step verification is enabled, your connection through the third-party integration might stop working. Please note that if you disable 2-step verification, the risk of unauthorized access to your account is increased.

Follow these steps to restore the connection:
Log in to MyPages with your username and password. Enter the verification code when you receive it.
Go to Account and Subscription > Account > Login credentials > Disable 2-step verification
Follow the instructions to disable 2-step verification.
In order for us to get valuable input for potential future improvements for users that have a 3rd party integration to Verisure, we have created a short survey as part of the Disable 2-step verification steps.
Best regards
Verisure

It sounds it will break verisure integration.

Same here, greetings from Finland. I’m quite new to HA so I may not have much to contribute to this topic yet, but I dearly hope we can find a way to work around this together.

I had to place an order with Verisure Belgium yesterday for some replacement batteries. I was sent a code to confirm the purchase.
Since then the Verisure integration fails (incorrect configuration in the notifications).
Luckily you can disable two-step authentication. Just folow the procedure in the mail quoted above.
Just did it, reloaded HA and works again.

P.

Up-voting this one. Also got the mail today (Sweden).
Yes, two-step verification seems to be possible to disable according to the info provided from Verisure.

Same her (Norway) I have disabled 2FA , and HA is good to go again :slight_smile:

Not much a solution, as it is a work around. Nayone know if there will be a support for a 2-step verification in HA?

Have you actually been able to disable 2FA though? When ever I go to Account and Subscription > Account > Login credentials I just get sent back to the main Verisure dashboard, but with the header “Home / Login credentials” at the top. No login settings in sight.

Yes, seems to work. Could your Verisure profile be restricted, i.e. not admin?

It’s a restricted user, as I only want read-only access for Home Assistant. But logging in with my admin user produces the same result. No login settings when I click on “Login credentials”. This is very annoying, as I have some automations depending on my alarm status.

I guess I’ll be contacting Verisure support tomorrow to help me get this sorted.

Hi Per,
I had the same issue but noticed I was logged in with a seperate HA account that is not an administrator. Once I logged in with my main account I was able to deactivate 2FA,

Ok, so I checked again with my admin account, and now I can actually reach the 2-step verification settings.

So, that’s weird. Also, I must have misunderstood something, as I only want to disable 2FA for my restricted users, but it seems like this setting will disable 2FA for all users, including the admin, connected to my alarm.

Anyways, this is quite off topic for this thread as it’s got nothing to do with the Home Assistant integration.

1 Like

2FA would be very very nice, if you check out Verisure for homebridge they have gotten 2FA to work, go check them out on GitHub for inspiration: https://github.com/ptz0n/homebridge-verisure

I have the Swedish version of verisure and I can’t find any way to disable the 2FA. Have they removed that possibility?

If no one is willing to implement this i will give it a go. Seems straightforward with using the token as password or?

1 Like

I have the danish version, with no subscription if that’s makes a difference. Its available for me under “Account & subscription” → “Account” → “Login information” → “Deactivate 2FA”

I got a Verisure installed a Finland a few days ago.

I tried to use HA’s Verisure component, and followed the instructions to disable MFA. Nevertheless, after disabling MFA (I’m able to login with just user+pass) the component is still not able to connect to Verisure. HA logs show HTTP 401 with an error message coming from Verisure API.

However, I am able to query the system programmatically using python-verisure directly, with its recent MFA support, which I believe HA is also using behind the scenes.

Therefore, I think some work with Verisure component would be needed in order to get MFA integrated to HA config flow.

I also have the Swedish version of Verisure. I had an old HA version (2021.1.5) with verisure configured in configuration.yaml. That worked perferctly fine. I have now upgraded to latest HA version with verisure configured by the UI. Unfortunately not working: “Invalid authentication”. Did you get the Swedish Verisure to work?

Solved it myself :slight_smile: I had not found how to disable 2FA on the Swedish Verisure pages. It can be done under “Konto och avtalsinformation” | “Konto” | “Inloggningsuppgifter”. Now seems to work perfectly fine :slight_smile:

Hi and thanks!
Hos to make the sensorns from verisure work faster?
My is not updating fast.