Verisure Alarm Systems policy change will make all its services stop working for users that do not have a paid subscription! The cloud strikes again

The Cloud strikes again …

Verisure (formerly known as ”Securitas Direct” which is the largest security company in Europe) is now the next company to change its policies to further lock down their ecosystem and now allowing non-paying customers to use their services even if they own the hardware without a paid subscription/contact.

Apparently changed their policy from the 28th of May 2024 so that none of their services will be usable unless pay their abnormally high subscription fees, which I found out when I called today to cancel my subscription due to their ever increasing monthly costs.

I was lead to understand that could continue to use the Verisure alarm system as normal without a paid subscription via their app but without it being connected to an alarm central for active monitoring and getting security personel onsite, however I was told ghag from now my Verisure hardware will become e-waste unless have also have paid subscription as Verisure will shutdown access to all non-paying users.

Previously a users who bought Verisure Alarm System hardware could still continue to use it via the Verisure app, cloud API, and integrations could even without a subscription, but now that will stop working ao forcing users to also have a paid subscription to use the hardware they own.

Before users who own Verisure Alarm Systems hardware could still utilize it via their app and cloud API without a paid subscription as long as you had a free account, (though you always needed a Verisure cloud account and they have never had a local API).

I can not find anything official online from Verisure about this Verisure policy change online, but found that others in Sweden have mentioned this new policy change in this Swedish forum:

Verisure Sverige (Sweden) has since the last year or so gotten a lot of bad reviews on Trustpilot:

PS: And do not get me started on Verisure’s ancient price model which charge per component, meaning that you pay an extra monty fee for each additional sensor you have, with the monthly price in Europe being around €2 extra per sensor, even after you actually bought the hardware so that you own it outright. So for a normal sized house with sensors on every door and window well as a few cameras and locks will easily make the montly fee become higher than €60, and on top of that Verisure raise their price of monthly fees about 10% every year regardless of your countries inflation.

1 Like