Verisure - Error when upgrading to HA 2021.3.0

Hey folks,

So, I’m in Sweden, using Verisure as the alarm integration and it has been working just fine for some +2 years. Since I want to stay up to date - upgraded to 2021.3.0 on HA yesterday and immediately the Verisure integration failed with:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/verisure/__init__.py:183
First occurred: 12:01:39 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:01:39 PM

Error during setup of component verisure
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/verisure/session.py", line 147, in get_overview
    response = requests.get(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 76, in get
    return request('get', url, params=params, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/api.py", line 61, in request
    return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 528, in request
    prep = self.prepare_request(req)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 456, in prepare_request
    p.prepare(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 316, in prepare
    self.prepare_url(url, params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 390, in prepare_url
    raise MissingSchema(error)
requests.exceptions.MissingSchema: Invalid URL 'None/xbn/2/installation/None/overview': No schema supplied. Perhaps you meant http://None/xbn/2/installation/None/overview?

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
` `` File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 213, in _async_setup_component
    result = await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/verisure/__init__.py", line 82, in setup
    HUB.update_overview()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 285, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/verisure/__init__.py", line 183, in update_overview
    self.overview = self.session.get_overview()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/verisure/session.py", line 152, in get_overview
    raise RequestError(ex)
verisure.session.RequestError: Invalid URL 'None/xbn/2/installation/None/overview': No schema supplied. Perhaps you meant http://None/xbn/2/installation/None/overview?

I have a snapshot that i can rollback to, but would have to cross this path anyway! Anyone else seen this or has some tips up their sleaves on how to work the issue? I read the “breaking changes” and deprecated parts of the Release Notes of 2021.3.0 for HA - but none were relevant to Verisure the way i understood them. I’ve rebooted a couple of times, removed integration, added it again… no progress!

Thanks in advance for any tips and tricks on this one!

1 Like

Interestingly, it worked for me up to 2021.3.3 until I rebooted the underlying device.
The difference with regular HA restart is:

• DNS proxy (CoreDNS) restarted.
  • Kubernetes cluster (microk8s) restarted.
  • Host Linux machine rebooted.

I wonder what could possibly get wrong here.

Solution: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/47397#issuecomment-797354051

1 Like