Verisure include Panasonic Heatpumps

Hi,

I really want the support for Panasonic HeatPumps in this:

This is getting rather old (version 1.3.7 while the newest is 1.5.0)

I saw it was added in the python script here:

PS: I am asking because I have no clue how to write\use python. So it would be much appreciated if the Home Assistant component where updated.

@turbokongen \ @persandstrom

This is being worked on by someone who has these devices. You must contact those directly to ask any questions regarding this.

How should we or I proceed since this is now closed?

Do we have to start from the begining, or is there any way to re-open this?

Iā€™m also hoping to see the Climate device included in the Verisure component. But it seems like Jamiewalters is inactive on GitHub.

I have been using the Custom Component python-verisure-climate and it has been working well (after some small adjustments by taugusti and me) until the ā€œClimate 1.0ā€-change in HA 0.96. Now itā€™s not working because of the change from OPERATION_MODE til HVAC_MODE and maybe some other changes.

I know nothing about Python, but was able to figure out some of it in an earlier problem, but now Iā€™m not able to fix it.

If you know how to fix it or know someone who can, this custom component will work for your Panasonic connected to Verisure in HA.

Iā€™ve been trying to fix the Custom Component python-verisure-climate myself and I think I was able to make it work. At least it works for me now. When I started I didnā€™t know anything about Python and had to just look at other Climate Components to figure out how it works. It is very possible that the code is not as clean as it could be, but it works in my installation.

The summary by @pvizeli was a huge help:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/commit/84cf76ba3688760fc311733a3f179865f1317c67#diff-dc235b0287e788364e18b99f47bb9cba

You can find the custom component working on my Hass.io HA v0.97.2 here:
https://github.com/mycortex/python-verisure-climate

Hi, found this thread. i am looking into adding my Panasonic/verisure controlled heathpump to homeassistant. Is this custom component still valid? Or is it a better way to control it ? :slight_smile:

Hi! :slight_smile:

Yes the custom component works, but is not perfect. You are able to control everyting you want with this component. But you will get som errors. The errrors occures when sending commands to the hvac as HA thinks itā€™s not able to update the hvac, but the hvac still gets the command. If you send several commands at once it sometimes fail to update the pump.

I think itā€™s related to som sync-update-problems. I havenā€™t really bothered looking into it.

I only use it in automations so for me its good enough. Sadly it looks like there will never be made a climate-component for the Verisure integration so this is, as I know, the only option.

Hi @mycortex

Do you still use the custom component?
I just tried to add it to my HA, but it looks like the authentication method is obsolete.

I have created an issue on the repo: Basic authentication does not work anymore Ā· Issue #3 Ā· mycortex/python-verisure-climate Ā· GitHub
It looks like python-verisure/session.py at 2d1df76c6f7ec7020f29961d3deed8e29826a3f5 Ā· persandstrom/python-verisure Ā· GitHub has an updated authentication, but the code is totally refactored, and would probably take some work to implement.

Does anyone have an updated version or something alternative?

Hi :slight_smile:

No, I donā€™t use this anymore. I was tired of the whole Verisure integration so I desided to finally make my own control for my Panasonic Heatpump using ESPHome.

This Custom Integration has been barely kept alive the last years and the last big change was done by me having to learn Python while doing it. Sorry, but as I donā€™t use it I wonā€™t be working on it anymore.

I really recommend the ESPHome way of controlling the Heatpump. Itā€™s completely local and just works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi and thank you for replying to this old thread

I understand why you are not maintaining the Custom Integration when you are not using it anymore.
I am a programmer but have neither coded python, only able to read and understand it.

What ESPHome module do you use?
The one I found (ESPHome Panasonic Climate WiFi interface - espthings.io) is not available anymore.

UPDATE 25th of January 2023:
Sorry, No more modules available and no further batches planned!

I use a Esp32 I had and used the project you link to with some modifications.

I added a swing mode, dont remember exactly what.

PM if you want me to help you out :smiley:

Bumping this. Any solutions? I have verisure with my heatpump. Cant turn it on with HA only readings.

If you read just the last 3 posts before yours you should be up2date on the present solutions :point_up: