Verisure integration (local API verbally promised, but not available)

No local API not even something like SIA will be implemented. Today, I cancelled the subscription, asked for a full refund, and requested them to remove the components. I even said I may charge them for some maintenance work to fix the holes they drilled and damage caused by the double side tape.

TLDR!

Last week we got a Verisure alarm installed. Before the installation I had a short chat with the sales representative who stated with full conviction the new Verisure alarm system has the ability to control using a local API and there is also a Android and iPhone app.

While we have Home Assistant running for years, including a nice alarm setup (using the Alarmo integration) which notifies me and the family incase of any emergencies I find this integration a necessity!

Anyway, after the installation of the Verisure alarm I added the Verisure integration (available in Home Assistant core). But this integration does not provide the features as I expected.

First the API is cloud based only, and uses polling, second when the session expires you need to reconfigure the integration by manually login again and perform the 2-factor authentication step.

Because the API uses polling, Home Assistant is not aware of the proper state of sensors. When I open and close the door sensor this state is never reflected in Home Assistant (probably because the Verisure API is not polled within the state change).

I filled a official complaint (translated from Dutch):

An advisor/seller has promised that the API can be used without a subscription. And that the subscription can be canceled after 1 year. We just had the system installed and integrated it directly into Home Assistant. But I strongly suspect that the API is not available without a Verisure subscription. In addition, the Verisure system does not have a local API and further integration therefore seems impossible.

Your reaction please.
Desired solution
A local API as verbally promised.

I also started a WhatsApp chat with the installer from Verisure, please see the conversation below:

My question:
… We talked about integration (with Home Assistant) and you indicated that the Verisure alarm system has a local API, but after reading some forums on the Internet I strongly suspect that this is not the is the case. There is only an API in the cloud.

I find the lack of the local API unacceptable, because one of my requirements is to integrate the alarm system into our home automation.

In addition, the cloud API is also unusable due to the requirement for 2FA (multi-factor authentication).

Please give your response.

Response, from the Verisure installer:
Hi Dennis, I will ask my abver tomorrow, he knows more about those kinds of things. I’ll let you know tomorrow!

Next day response, from the Verisure installer:
Good morning Dennis, I just checked and it is indeed not possible to connect the system to another system.

My answer:
I appreciate your help and the time you took to check my question. However, I would like to emphasize that the lack of integration option with Home Assistant is unacceptable to me, as this is an important aspect of my alarm system requirements.

I would like to see serious consideration given to implementing a local API so that we can integrate our Verisure alarm system into Home Assistant. For me, this is necessary for efficient operation of the alarm system. I look forward to a solution that meets our needs.

That’s fine, I’ll do my best

My answer:
Thank you for your willingness to help. To ensure we have clarity on the time frame, I would like to set a concrete deadline for the implementation of the local API. Can you let me know when we can expect this to be completed?

Yes, I understand. I just can’t solve that myself because that is not my expertise. But I will do my best to arrange someone to solve that for you

Update: It is possible to disable 2FA/MFA.

I’ve created a new user, with another e-mail address but used my mobile number for the 2FA.
I used the Verisure My Pages (web application) to sign-in, and activate the new user using a two factor authentication. I did not see this option available when browsing from the app to My Pages.

Next, I went to Account and Services → Account and Subscription.

And then at the “Login credentials (Add or remove a Trusted device and manage the 2-step verification at login.)” option, you can disable multi-factor authentication.

Other questions:

• Is it possible to add/ remove sensors without subscription? No, not possible.
  • Is is possible to see the camera feeds without subscription? No, not possible.

Regarding the local API (usable without subscription), I will update this message.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath.

Alarm sales people will tell you anything to get a sale.

This is just a case of caveat epmtor.

A quick check of the integration page before purchasing would have shown you it is a cloud polling integration.

1 Like

I checked the details of the Verisure integration and indeed found that the integration is based on polling. But I explicitly asked for this feature support.

Anyway the system is installed. If they can’t provide some date when the local api will be available I will call and use the 14 days right of withdrawal.

2 Likes

So there is no solution to get the equipments working without subscription? No one who found a work around? Somehow it is irritating. One pays for equipment and service and after cancelling the service the equipment stops working.

Small update I cancelled the subscription after some days posting the previous message. I now have a pretty nice integration with Z-wave and the Google Ring keypad.

Sensors are from other brands!